Please sign in to post.

Hotel recommendation in Paris

We are having difficulty finding a reasonably priced (under $250) hotel in Paris in June. Location doesn't matter as long as it is centrally located within walking distance or a metro station to main landmarks. Any suggestions?

Posted by
2076 posts

I use Booking.com with great results. I don't know much about Paris as I was there for a few days many years ago. We will be there this June with a RS tour and I booked post tour hotels through Booking. I also booked a hotel in Haarlem for a pre-tour stay. I have been to Europe yearly for the past 6 years and had great rooms each year in London, Istanbul, and Amsterdam. Look at the site and compare hotels with reviews on TripAdvisor, etc. I looked on Booking a few minutes ago and saw many hotels in City Center with subway access between 100-160 US dollars. I always map my hotels to make sure I am near very nice hotels and close to sites I want to visit or has easy subway/public transportation access.

Posted by
1994 posts

Check the Hotel Jeanne d'Arc in the Marais. It certainly should be in your price range. (Make sure you get the one in the Marais; there's another hotel with the same name that gets bad reviews.) I really like it. The rooms are small, and the elevator is smaller, but the location is great. You can walk to Notre Dame and The Louvre, and there's a metro stop about a block away. Also the Marais is a great neighborhood for wandering.

Posted by
13946 posts

I just put in a random June 15 date for 3 nights and Hotel Beaugency has rates of 200€ for a double standard/230€ for a double superior. This is without breakfast. I think their breakfast charges are 9€ but not 100% sure as I usually don't eat there. There are a number of cafes/boulangeries in the area.

It's in the 7th near Rue Cler. There are lots of restaurants in the area and it is near the Ecole Militaire Metro stop.

http://www.hotel-beaugency.com/en/

Posted by
9420 posts

There are a lot of good hotels in your price range on Booking.com. I looked up Hotel St Jacques on rue des Ecoles in the 5th and not only are they available but many other good ones too. We've stayed at Hotel St Jacques twice and like it a lot. Great location.

Make a list from Booking.com, check the reviews there and on TripAdvisor.com.

Here's my list of recommended hotels:
Hotel de Lutèce, Hotel St Louis en l'Isle, Hotel des Deux Iles... all in the 4th on Ile St Louis (my preferred neighborhood), Hotel St Jacques, Hotel du Pantheon, Hotel des Grands Hommes, Hotel des Grandes Ecoles... all in the 5th, and Hotel de l'Avre in the 15th.

Posted by
345 posts

I will add my vote for the Hotel St. Jacques. It was convenient to restaurants and shopping without seeming to be too touristy. One of our rooms had a huge bathroom and a small step out the window balcony.

We have also stayed at the Hotel St. Christophe. The rooms were smaller but it was a nice area. There were restaurants and a laundromat close to the hotel. Both hotels had nice breakfasts available.

There were marches close to both hotels but I don't remember the days. We were close to the Pantheon, the Roman arena, the zoo and the Luxenbourg gardens.

Do you need anyone to carry your suitcase? :)

Posted by
3698 posts

If you prefer the Rive Gauche, take a look at the Hotel du College de France. It's a great value property within walking distance of Notre Dame and near a metro station. Another choice on the Left Bank is the very good Agora Saint Germain (10 minutes to ND and 30 minutes to the Louvre on foot). There are many more like the Hotel Excelsior Latin and Hotel des Grands Hommes. Prefer the Rive Droite, take a look at Villa Mazarin a bit pricier but in the Marais, which many people like.

Posted by
4412 posts

If you stay at the Hotel Lutece, which is a nice place with great location, beware the infamous room 444 (as noted on Trip Advisor):

The room with the double bed (Rm 444) is a uniquely shaped room. The door opens to a table and chairs, then a flight of stairs down to a walkway leading to the bedroom. The bed is pushed up against the walls in a corner of a very narrow room. There was approx. a 12" space to walk on the side of the bed, and if two people are sleeping in the bed one person must climb out the foot of the bed.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187147-d219994-r3662073-Hotel_de_Lutece-Paris_Ile_de_France.html#

Posted by
37 posts

The Hotel Royal Phare is very nice. We have also stayed at Hotel L'Avre.