Please sign in to post.

Hotel recommendation in Paris

We are traveling to Paris to meet a river cruise booking and would like some time in Paris before the trip. It has been years since we had any time in Paris. We would prefer something centrally located and/or near metro. Recommendations please?

Posted by
5226 posts

My daughter and I enjoyed our stay at Hotel Diana a few years ago,
It’s a family owned hotel with friendly staff and comfortable rooms with A/C and good Wi-Fi. They also have an elevator.
The hotel is in a good location near a Metro stop and several bus stops.

If you plan to go up the Eiffel Tower make sure you book early! It appears that tickets are released 60 days in advance.

Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
299 posts

Just for the heck of it, I wanted to see what the price would be for a week at the Hotel Diana June 2-9 NEXT YEAR - and they're sold out, so I'd book whatever you decide on asap....

Posted by
5697 posts

Dorothy, sometimes the booking sites show "not available" when the hotel hasn't released their schedule yet. (Ran into this for a January 2020 trip -- hotel's own site said their books will open in August.)

Posted by
3961 posts

Another consideration: A few years ago we stayed at the cozy & charming Hôtel Marais Paris Caron de Beaumarchais in the historic Le Marais. It is also family owned. It was steps away from the metro. Walking distance to Notre Dame, river Seine, museums, 10 mins. from the Latin Quarter and St. Germaine. We chose an upper floor room with a balcony. The room was spotless and comfortable. It had a bountiful breakfast that we shared! It had a lift. The helpful 24 hr staff were more than willing to suggest restaurants and activities in the area. We LOVED the Marais for it's vibe and history. www.carondebeaumarchais.com.

Posted by
344 posts

Don't know what your budget is, but my friend and I lived out recent stay at Hotel Residence Des Arts. Great location and lovely rooms.

Posted by
787 posts

Do you have a specific price range in mind?

Here are places that we have stayed at and liked: Hotel le Regent or Hotel de Seine, both in the 6th; and Grand Hotel Mahler in the 3rd. Each has an elevator (which we rarely used) and provides breakfast for an extra cost, which we almost never do; we prefer to go to a nearby cafe for coffee, croissant/pain chocolat and people watching.

Posted by
17 posts

Hi, when I was looking at Hotel Diana to book, I think the site said nothing was available. So I emailed the hotel directly and got the two rooms needed for our July stay. HTH :)

Posted by
9 posts

We have stayed at the Lumen Hotel ( this Dec our rate is 215 euros per night. They have different size rooms and we tend to get bigger. It is located in the 1st Arrondismont. It’s about a 7-10 walk to the Louvre Museum and another 15 min from there to the Orsay Museum. We walked to Notre Dame from there and all sorts of places. I thinks very reasonable. Nothing fancy but we had such a good stay there that we are going back this December and staying at the same place. Our first trip 3 years ago we stayed closer to the Eiffel Tower and in the 7th. I really like staying at the Lumen because it’s central to everything and there is a subway nearby. There is also a wonderful tour company nearby ( 3 min walk) called Paris City Vision.( across the street there is a lovely Italian restaurant with great food). They have lots of tours. Pictures on TripAdvisor. Good luck and have a nice trip.

Posted by
9422 posts

Notre Dame is the center of Paris, so the closer you are to ND the better. Hotel Diana has nice rooms at a budget price and is close to ND in a great area (the 5th arrondissement, the Latin Quarter). Hopefully you can email them and get a room. Just fyi, their lobby is unattractive but i was impressed with their rooms.