Please sign in to post.

Hotel recommendation in Paris?

Hi all,

I have been here 4 times now and have stayed in Rue Cler before and Oden stop area. I was wanting to stay near the Louvre, but in searching for a hotel near a bunch of cool restaurants, it's kind of lacking. Any recommendations for hotels in the 1st arr. or thereabouts with a good location for food and walking? Thank you!

Dani

Posted by
118 posts

How long are you staying in Paris? - Depending on how long, have you considered renting an apartment?
Each time I go to Paris (every 18 months or so) I always stay in apartment and it is much better than hotels

Posted by
48 posts

Three nights. Yep, could do that, but being foreign to the country, I like the accessibility of hotel staff.

Posted by
64 posts

I stayed in hotel Quai Voltaire. Older hotel, but location is excellent. Right across the street from the Louvre. Walk to Orsay, Tuilleries Garden. Bus stop across the street. Metro/ RER C to Versailles is at the Orsay. Concierge was very helpful. Beware: no air conditioning, but depending on time of year, you might not need it. I was there in April.

Posted by
9580 posts

For a hotel near cool restaurants, look for something in the 11th arrondissement (or the 3rd).

Posted by
11507 posts

Well I’ve stayed in two hotels in 1st , however I wouldn’t say I loved the restaurants in the area .

Both hotels were well located ( as in closer to river ) and were nice .

Hotel Brighton - had a Tuileries view room - however this was years ago and prices have shot up considerably for this hotel since my stay .

Hotel de la Place du Louvre - nice location - one block to river , right across from Louvre . Stayed there twice . Don’t take the “ duplex “ rooms as bathroom is upstairs of two level room , but the regular room I quite liked - large walk in shower .

Posted by
4844 posts

It's not exactly next door but it's well within walking distance. Consider Hotel des Deux-iles or their other location (Hotel de Lutece) on the island itself. We've stayed there at the former and loved it. Can't beat the location. If you stay there we can recommend several restaurants really close by.