Please sign in to post.

Hotel near Charles de Gaulle airport

I didn’t book enough nights at our hotel after our RS Tour.
Fortunately I found my error one month before our trip to Paris. Thinking we should just head to the airport area. Hopefully a hotel with complimentary airport shuttle. Complimentary breakfast would be a bonus

Posted by
1078 posts

I've stayed in the Sheraton Hotel that is inside the CDG airport several times and have been happy. It's nice to get up and have breakfast and then walk 100 ft to the check in desks for your flight. The rooms are well sound proofed and we were able to sleep fine.

Posted by
11159 posts

There is a brand new Marriott Residence Inn at CDG. We have stayed at the Hilton CDG in the past.
We always make sure that airport hotels have restaurants for dinner as you are stranded if they don’t.

Posted by
33 posts

There is a Sheraton that is right in Charles de Gaulle airport. It was perfectly comfortable, clean, and, most importantly, very convenient. We arrived late from the U.S. and decided to spend the night before leaving first thing in the morning on a train directly to Lyon.

Of course, getting to the airport hotel initially from Paris will be your responsibility; no complimentary shuttle is provided. We weren't interested in breakfast as we wanted to leave as early as possible but I don't remember a complimentary breakfast being offered in the reservation. Here is their website so you can check it out if interested:

https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/parsi-sheraton-paris-airport-hotel-and-conference-centre/overview/?scid=f2ae0541-1279-4f24-b197-a979c79310b0

Enjoy your trip.

Posted by
8057 posts

If it is just the last night, then I would store luggage in Paris or leave it at the hotel (most hotels will hold luggage when you check out, for that day. Enjoy Paris, have dinner then head on the RERB to the airport and stay that night at a hotel AT not near the airport. It is less convenient to be in a hotel near the airport with shuttle that may or may not be reliable than to just stay in the city. If you want to spend the last night AT the airport stay at a hotel on the airport grounds connected by CDGVAL to the terminals. We use the Novotel; it is cheaper than most, quiet, has a good breakfast and is right at Roissy-pole which is a station of the RER B.

Posted by
4518 posts

Last time I checked I believe that there are 11 hotels right on the property, some closer to the CDGVal train than others.

Posted by
4412 posts

this is frequently asked, you can do some search. I always end up staying at the CDG Hilton since I have gold status there, it's fine. Oddly they don't always open for breakfast as early as you'd expect for an international airport. If you have status they also have a happy hour with food and drink in the evenings, and a business center where you can print out boarding passes etc. And good wifi, which is important the night before your flight when you're doing online check-in.

Posted by
612 posts

I agree with Janet. If it is only one night plan to stay AT not near Charles de Gaulle. My husband and I have used Ibis twice and plan to use it again this spring. Not expensive and perfectly adequate. We did, however eat dinner at another nearby hotel, I believe it was Novotel. Dinner options looked much better than Ibis. If you join Ibis there is something like a 5% discount. After several years I cannot find any downside to doing this.

Posted by
55 posts

We have stayed at the Sheraton at the Airport three times. It is a very comfortable hotel and it is extremely convenient. It is starting to get a little dated but is clean and amazingly quiet for being at an airport. Their breakfast is a tad on the expensive side but you can get a croissant and coffee at the airport if need be. That's our plan for our next trip.
Enjoy your trip to Paris.

Posted by
2745 posts

Personally, I think the Sheraton is a little overpriced. You’re paying for location and it’s great but it’s not that nice in my opinion

I’ve moved to the Hilton. I’ve done this several times. The Hilton has been fine for me, but you can walk to the CDG airport train that goes around the airport so you don’t have to wait on the shuttle

Posted by
3597 posts

After staying at the Hilton at CDG, I wouldn’t ever do that again. The first room they gave us had no hot water. They, of course, changed us to another; but I it did make me wonder. How thorough was cleaning without hot water ?

Wifi was $25/day extra. Really! In this day and age when even modest b&bs have free wifi?
Since we were staying 2 nights, we decided that it made sense to upgrade and get the wifi as well as admission to the wine and snacks pre-dinner facility. (We eat our main meal at midday.) We arrived about half an hour after opening, and the food trays looked like a plague of locusts had preceded us. Nothing left! We hung around for about half an hour; and, not only were there no refills, but we couldn’t find anyone to ask for service. We finally left and had sandwiches at the bar.
The final black mark was that upon checking out, the desk clerk tried to charge us for the wifi, despite our paying for the upgrade. We had to call over a manager to straighten it out. Good thing we weren’t in a hurry.
My conclusion was that this hotel was very poorly run, and I’d never stay there again. Next trip we stayed at the Sheraton.

Posted by
8057 posts

Many years ago we stayed at the Hilton arriving at 8 pm after a long drive from the Dordogne with a stop to have lunch with friends in Tours. We had dinner there and it was hands down the worst meal we ever had in France; the food was dried out and disgusting and virtually inedible and the staff was very rude. And expensive. We expected expensive for a captive situation at an airport hotel; we did expect it to be at least mediocre. We haven't stayed in a Hilton since. The Novotel has a perfectly good breakfast which we always purchase as part of the room rate when we book. Hot buffet, cold cuts and yogurt and such, all the breakfast breads, Juices, fruit, coffee, tea, cocoa. Perfectly adequate as a base to start a long day of flying. And the CDGVAL is steps away.

Posted by
2745 posts

Airport Hotels are not ever going to have really great food - if that’s a criteria stay in Paris. they’re making their money from one time guests . They’re not really looking for long-term customer satisfaction on the meals.

And a little known fact might be that the nicer the hotel, the more likely it will be to charge for Internet. So if you stay at the Hampton Inn in Atlanta, you will not be charged for Internet if you stay at the Hilton downtown and you are not a member of their frequent sleeper club You will be charged for Internet. Makes no sense, but that’s just the way American hotel chains work. They don’t charge for Internet at their low- end hotels, and do if they’re high-end.

And that Sheraton will charge you for Internet if you’re not a member of the Marriott program, so join before you get there

I’ve never had any problems at the Hilton, which is more than I can stay for the Sheraton. But everyone will have a different experience. I did stay at an ibis once at CDG. it did not have air-conditioning. It was summer, and it was incredibly noisy because we had to leave the windows open, so if that’s important to you be sure to check.