Please sign in to post.

Hotel near CDG

We will be traveling to Paris and Budapest, then flying home through CDG. We arrive 6 pm and don't leave until 10:55 the next morning. Any recommendations for a reasonable hotel near the airport with a shuttle?

Posted by
8057 posts

don't stay NEAR the airport with some unreliable shuttle that may or may not be running when you need it. Stay AT the airport where you just need to hop on the intra airport transport to get to your terminal. There are cheaper Novotel and Ibis hotels and more expensive Hilton and Sheraton hotels AT the airport. If at all possible run into Paris for dinner on the RER and return for the night. The food is especially terrible at the Hilton; I don't know if there is any place at the airport good for dinner. A last meal in town before flying out would be lovely.

Posted by
4044 posts

The maps on the official airport website will help visualize the accommodations: http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/en/homepage

The Accor chain, and others, have buildings at the village of Roissy a few kilometres outside the airport. Accor's shuttle does a circuit regularly and seems, on one exposure, to be dependable. At that time the shuttles left from the top of Terminal two above the train stations but check the map for current arrangements. Be sure your choice is for Roissy itself rather than several Accor hotels closer to the citiy.

Posted by
798 posts

Stay AT the airport. The Ibis is closest to the free shuttle trains and the Novotel is only a couple hundred feet further and both are nice and reasonably priced. You will not get caught in the end of morning rush hour traffic or have to drag your luggage through a morning rush hour metro station or get caught in any number of other unpleasant delays that may or may not happen.

Posted by
10192 posts

And sometimes the shuttle bus from the nearby hotel o the airport is full and you have to wait for the next one. It's happened to me, so as Irv and Janet say-- stay at the airport, not near.

Posted by
6509 posts

We stayed at the airport Ibis in a similar situation and it was nothing fancy but fine for our purposes. Also a pretty good breakfast as I recall, and just minutes from the terminal. You want to be in the airline check-in line three hours before your transatlantic flight, i.e. by 8:00. I think staying in the city is taking too big a chance. But you'll have plenty of time to RER in for a nice dinner and stroll before returning for your good night's sleep.

Posted by
14509 posts

Hi,

Whenever my flight from CDG to SFO left in the morning, I stayed the night before at Roissy, the airport, at a budget hotel with a good restaurant. It's a two star French chain, Campanille, (very reasonable), took the shuttle in the morning. I would take the RER from Gare du Nord, arriving at the Campanille ca 19:00 or so, all very convenient since my hotel was across from Gare du Nord. Never an unsatisfactory experience at Campanille.

Posted by
1589 posts

We have used the Novotel a few times- tiny rooms but functional, clean & only a few hundred steps from the security lanes.

Posted by
9573 posts

Arrive at 9 am at CDG for an 11 am flight, and you'll almost certainly not have enough time to make it through check-in, passport control, security, etc. for a trans-Atlantic flight. Especially in the current security context.