Please sign in to post.

Hotel near CDG

Can you recommend a hotel for one night near CDG after flight and before a trip to Provence?

Posted by
40 posts

I stayed at the Melia Innside about 4 weeks ago. Bed was comfy. They even gave me a discount due to my unused booking when covid initially struck.

Over the years we've stayed at:

Marriot on Allee du Verger
Millenium
Ibis

Would never stay at the Millenium again. Dump. (To be fair, maybe it's been refurbed sinec our stay). 20 euro cab ride to T3.

Ibis was at T3 and very tiny. Restaurant meh.

The only one I'd stay at again was the Marriott. Large comfortable room. Nice restaurant and bar. Free shuttle to T3 took something like 10 minutes.

Unless your flight is really early and the hotel shuttles aren't yet running I've no issue with staying 'near' the airport.

Posted by
8055 posts

I'd never stay 'near' the airport. Either stay AT the airport (we use the Novotel, but there are many choices) or in Paris. Both choices make travel to the terminal easy. It can be complicated with shuttles that don't show, or hotel shuttles that are full etc when staying 'near' the airport.

Posted by
6897 posts

If you're OK with "near" the airport, I enjoyed a stay at Penta Hotel a few months before Covid hit.
At the airport, I liked Citizen M, especially if you are alone (double beds have one side next to a wall).

But if you are going to Provence the day after you arrive from overseas, are you flying there?? If everything isn't set in stone yet, you might as well stay in Paris and take the train.

Posted by
2745 posts

I've stayed several times at the Hilton for an early flight. It's on the CDG "shuttle train" so easy to get to and from.

The most centrally located is the Sheraton but you pay for that!

Posted by
14507 posts

The night before flying out I always stay near the airport and take its shuttle the next morning to CDG.

I stay at the 2 star Hotel Campanile , a French chain,.... nothing fancy, nice place, absolutely no problems. The restaurant is decent, certainly not fantastic.

Before taking RER from Gare du Nord, I spend the day in Paris while the hotel from which I checked out holds the luggage, (free), then get to Campanile between 8-9 PM depending on where I had or want to have dinner. The guests I've seen over the years at the Campanile are exclusively French.

Posted by
4412 posts

This is asked at least once a week, you can do some search for more info.

Along with Carol I typically stay at the Hilton (since I have status with them), it's a big American-style hotel built around an atrium with pleasant soundproof rooms (weak showers unfortunately), and quick easy access to the terminals.

Posted by
39 posts

Many thanks for your suggestions! Still researching - we arrive at noon end of August and taking train
next day to Provence that leaves from airport.

In that case, go into Paris and stay either near Gare de Lyon or on a metro line convenient for it. Part of an afternoon and an evening in Paris is far better than staying way out at the airport!

Posted by
6897 posts

I strongly suggest that you look for trains out of Gare de Lyon (in Paris) to Provence, rather than a train out of the airport. If you can cancel your train ticket from the airport, that is.
There are plenty of good hotels near Gare de Lyon and it is a fun area to wander around for the afternoon (Promenade Plantée, Bastille, the area around Marché d'Aligre, Place des Vosges even...).