Please sign in to post.

Hotel location in Paris

We will be staying in Paris for 5 nights and I'm looking for recommendations on where to stay. It will be my husband and I and our 8 year old son. We would like to be able to walk to some good restaurants and close to transportation.

Thank you!
Cindy

Posted by
4412 posts

When you looked at Rick's book, what sounded interesting?

How about Isle St. Louis? Or there's his beloved Rue Cler.

Posted by
5212 posts

Try Hotel Diana located in the Latin Quarter.
The hotel is in a great location...Near restaurants, Metro and bus stops, and some mayor sites.
The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable with strong WiFi connection.

We stayed there in June & recommend it highly.

Enjoy Paris!

Posted by
6509 posts

Hard to help without knowing something of your budget and other parameters. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of hotels in Paris. Booking.com can help you choose, it allows you to filter by cost, geography, and amenities. Look for family rooms with enough beds for you and your son, and look for elevators if you or the son don't want to climb stairs much. Generally you'll pay more the closer you are to the river. It makes sense to stay somewhere in central Paris, at least inside the Peripherique, so you don't spend too long getting to and from the sights you came to see. But otherwise any place near a Metro station will let you get anywhere quickly. Better still, near a station where two lines come together, for more transit options. Pretty much any hotel in Paris is close to good restaurants and transportation.

Posted by
308 posts

My husband and I are going to Paris in February and we're staying at the Hotel Duquesne Eiffel, in the 7th arrondissement. We stayed there in 2013 on the RS Paris and the Heart of France tour and really liked the location and the hotel staff. We couldn't think of a reason to go anywhere else.

Posted by
30 posts

We like the Hotel Signature St. Germain in the 7th. We walked everywhere plus close to the metro.

Posted by
92 posts

Thank you for your feedback. I should of been a little clearer. I'm just looking on feedback on what areas you recommend staying. I will find a hotel, but I just wanted hear about your favorite areas and that are safe to stay. Paris is a little over whelming and I've started reading about all the different arrondissements. I have a ways to go. We are headed over in June. :)

Thank you!

Cindy

Posted by
9420 posts

My favorite area is Ile St Louis (4th arrondissement), the little island next to the bigger island where Nôtre Dame is. You can't get more central and in the heart of Paris, easily walkable to many places you'll want to see. It's charming, has amazing views b/c you're surrounded by the river, and is like a little village unto itself. Great restaurants, cafés, stores, ATM, pharmacy, small grocery store, produce store w/ the best fresh squeezed OJ we've ever had, bakeries, Amorino gelato shop (amazing), and the famous Berthillon ice cream. There's a nice park at the eastern end of the island and another one behind Nôtre Dame just across the pedestrian bridge from ISL. There's also great street entertainers day & night on the pedestrian bridge in the summer months.
There are four hotels on ISL, all very good: Hotel de Lutèce, Hotel des Deux Iles, Hotel St Louis en l'Isle and Hotel Jeu de Paume.

Posted by
92 posts

Thank you, Susan!!! That is exactly the kind of feedback I am looking for! I will look into the ISL! It sounds fabulous.

Thanks again,

Cindy

Posted by
11507 posts

Cindy it's really pretty simple , short first time visit , easiest to try to find something in the 4th 5th or 6 th , actually the 6 th would be my first pick . Closer to river than farther out . You will find lots of dining shopping and sites in these areas ( well there are always cafes and shops all over Paris of course ) and there are many sights you can walk to along the river , plus the river is fun . Your child may enjoy the Luxembourg gardens ( there is a playground ) but also the Tuileries , which also has a playground and is just across the river in the 1 st right next to the Louvre .

Posted by
92 posts

Thank you, Pat! I will focus on the 4th, 5th and 6th. Also, thank you for the park suggestions.

Cindy