Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Nice

I will be finishing the RS South of France in the beginning of June. We end at the Mercure Nice Marche aux Fleurs Hotel. Has anyone come across a better rate than what the rack rate the Hotel offered?

Thanks

Tara

Posted by
11507 posts

What rate are you getting. ? Booking.com has rooms fromm 299 Canadian a night for dates dates at dates at end of June, ,,and that's Canada in so a lot cheaper for you!. Those are rates for room you can cancel , I do not book the then on refundable no cancellation allowed rates, but they are are even cheaper.

Posted by
11294 posts

Have you contacted the hotel directly, explained that you are on a Rick Steves tour and want to extend your stay, and asked for the rates in that situation? If not, do that first, as that's likely to be better than a rate you can get from a website.

If that rate is still too high, you may have to change hotels. I had a nice stay at the Nice Garden Hotel: http://www.nicegardenhotel.com/nice/rates/

Posted by
8035 posts

We once stayed at the HOtel Windsor in Nice and really enjoyed it. If you can't get a good rate where you are, you might look there.

Posted by
345 posts

I don't know your age but you can get a good rate if you are over 60 years old. You get a 2 for one rate. Did you try www.accor.com? Ask about the senior discount.

We have stayed there either two or three times and loved it. It is so close to so many good restaurants, shops, sites to see plus the Promenade for strolling.

I hope you can get a good rate!

Posted by
189 posts

I've stayed at the Windsor twice, most recently this past June. We enjoyed it and the staff was very helpful.