Please sign in to post.

Hotel at CdG

A small group of us need a hotel close to CdG airport for one night. We'll have an early morning flight out the following day so want something convenient to airport. Only hotel on the airport grounds is very expensive (over 225€/night)...any other suggestions would be helpful.

Posted by
8293 posts

There is an Ibis at Terminal 2 and it is certainly not anywhere near as expensive as what you quote. Check it out.

Posted by
166 posts

I’ve stayed in the Hilton (it’s right in the airport) several times so all I had to do was get up, shower, go eat breakfast and you walk out just a few feet from the security check-in. It beats getting up at 3:00 am to catch a shuttle that stops at 2 other hotels then fights traffic all the way to CDG.

Posted by
10185 posts

It’s the Sheraton that’s inside the airport in Terminal 2. The Hilton and Ibis are a few feet outside Terminal 3, along with four other hotels.

Posted by
6500 posts

The Ibis worked fine for us. Don't know what they charge now but it can't be near 225.

Posted by
10185 posts

We have a room reservation for the Ibis at CDG in September. Being a very busy month, the non-refundable rates are sold out, and it is indeed 225. US for the night but with breakfast and the member discount. It's the highest we've ever paid for an Ibis so have to bite the bullet.
The Ibis Budget is less expensive and on a shuttle bus line. There are other hotels connected by shuttle bus that are less expensive--Golden Tulip, etc.

Edit: Mona’s Holiday Inn Express is 190 US for my week night in September. She found 90 in August!

Posted by
8293 posts

Well. I am shocked, Bets. The last time I stayed at that particular Ibis, admittedly a few years ago, I paid 95. euro for a double. Yikes.

Posted by
3950 posts

You don't say when your problem date is but I checked the airport hotel where we stayed for one night in May for a random August date and got 60€ for a single and 90€ for a double. We stayed at the new Holiday Inn Express which is near the new control tower and efficient tram system that makes a circuit to all of the terminals. To get to the terminal from the hotel you walk about 2-3 minutes to the tram which comes about every 5 minutes. There is also a new Mercure at this tram stop. Both hotels have been open for about 6 months. Our taxi driver was at first reluctant to give us the 50€ rate since he wasn't taking us to a terminal but when I showed him the location on my phone he switched the meter back to the flat rate. He said he'd never been to that street/location yet but was happy to find it. I would gladly stay there again although the hotel and staff were working out some of their newness issues.

EDIT: there are 2 HIE hotels at CDG. The inexpensive one is the NEW hotel at 5 Rue du Voyageur.
https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/roissy-en-france/pardg/hoteldetail?cm_mmc=GoogleMaps-_-EX-_-FR-_-PARDG

Posted by
10215 posts

I just spent Wednesday night at the Ibis at terminal 3 prior to my early flight home yesterday. It is a very short walk outside the terminal. It's not fancy, but it's clean and convenient. That's what I was looking for. There was a shuttle train to the other terminals. It made all it very easy.

Posted by
5697 posts

And if you join the Accor loyalty program you get a 10% discount, so our Ibis overnight in May was about €93, prepaid and nonrefundable (booked on the Accor website.) Short walk to the CDGVAL intra-airport shuttle train and RER station from Paris.
Can't speak about breakfast since for a 7 a.m. flight we picked up coffee and croissants after we got through airport security.

Posted by
8047 posts

We have used the Novotel -- there are at least half a dozen hotels right on the airport grounds and internal transport tram and at various price points. We have also used Priceline to get a hotel AT the airport.

Posted by
22 posts

Thank you all for your replies. Looks like we'll be staying at the IBIS at CdG....I had read some negative reviews in the past which prompted my original inquiry, but many of you say it's just right for an overnight stay before a morning flight.
Thanks much!

Posted by
98 posts

Stayed at Ibis Styles a couple of weeks ago and have done so in the past.
Not expensive and just outside teminal next to the airport shuttle which makes it convenient getting to other terminals.
Also breakfast which was included was great. Had everything you needed including a freshly squeezed orange juice machine.
Had dinner there which is also convenient and pretty good for airport hotel food.
Would definitely stay there again.

Posted by
10185 posts

Yes, the price for our date in September is very high. What Pat says about September being conference and trade show month is true. Citizen M, Mercure, Hilton at T3 were pushing 300.

I’m paying the same amount, 220, but for two nights at an Ibis near a Paris train station in August.

Posted by
5697 posts

Thanks for the tip about the new hotels at the CDG parking lot, Mona. May check them out for our next trip out of Paris.

Posted by
3950 posts

You’re welcome Laurie. I’m hoping our low rate wasn’t just an introductory rate. That price includes a nice breakfast too which they were a few minutes late setting up—it was a newness thing which I’m sure they are better at now. They don’t have a restaurant on premis yet but have snacks available in the large bar area. We walked next door to the Mercure to their restaurant on the evening we were there.

I looked at some of the reviews on the IHG website and a few complaints were about the “long” walk to the tram, 3-5 minutes with your luggage. I don’t think they were RS travelers...

Posted by
10185 posts

Mona--I edited my post to include that your hotel, new HI Express, was $190. for our date in September.