Please sign in to post.

Hotel at CDG

We are planning on staying one night at hotel at the airport the day we arrive, before taking the TGV to Avignon early the next morning. I have been told there are hotels right at the airport that would be easy for us with our luggage to walk to. Assuming that is accurate, please recommend one. Also, if we feel up to it after our overnight flight, might there me a hotel shuttle that would get us into Paris for the afternoon?

Posted by
174 posts

We've stayed at the Hilton with no problems. Nice hotel. Large hotel rooms. I've heard Ibis is also not bad. There may be shuttles to take you in but you might be better served just taking the train.

Posted by
509 posts

There are several hotels just a mile from CDG in the surprisingly charming village of Roissy-en-France, France. Not walkable, but a short shuttle trip. We stayed at the Marriott; frequent, free shuttle to/from the airport; good restaurant; predictably reliable Marriott service. Here's a list from TripAdvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g196587-Roissy_en_France_Val_d_Oise_Ile_de_France-Hotels.html . I doubt that the airport hotels run shuttles into the city, but taxis make the trip at a fixed rate and i believe the RER trains provide an easy connection as well.

Posted by
481 posts

I have stayed at both the Citizen M Hotel and the Novotel. Citizen M is a couple block walk from the airport (and across the street from a Hilton). The Novotel is literally attached to the train station/airport. Both of these hotels were fine. There are several other hotels in the area.

The train is probably the cheapest way to get into the city, depending on the size of the group. A cab is also a possibility.

Posted by
8049 posts

We have stayed at the Novotel right at the RER station at the airport; if there are two of you then take the train into Paris for dinner for 10.30 each, each way. If there are 4 take a cab for 50 Euro. The Novotel was fine, decent breakfast the next morning and right at the airport. You take the intra airport tram to the terminal you need.

Posted by
6501 posts

Another choice, right at the airport, would be the Ibis -- I think the lowest priced of those mentioned so far.

If your flight lands in the morning and you plan to get an airport hotel room for that night, but want the option of going into the city that afternoon if you feel up to it, then I'd suggest dropping your bags at the hotel (unless you can check in early) and taking the RER "B" commuter train into Paris. A good place to get off might be St-Michel, right in the heart of the city beside the Seine, where you can go in any direction and enjoy the time you have.

Roissy, near the airport, also has many hotels with shuttles to and from the airport, but with an early train you might prefer to be right there instead of relying on a shuttle the next morning.

Posted by
44 posts

We've stayed at the CitizenM hotel at CDG and liked it enough to book again for our trip this summer. It seemed to be one of the least expensive (around $100/night), and if you sign up for their rewards club (free), you should get a discount and maybe some perks like a free drink at the bar. The hotel has easy access to/from the airport, and also easy access to the RER line that is your cheapest route into Paris proper. NB: On our most recent trip, we found that the RER back to the airport felt a little sketch after dark. That may or may not bother you, but there it is.

One question: Does your flight arrive pretty early in the morning? Most from the US do, especially from the east coast. We've always treated arrival days in Paris as a day to really lean into the exhaustion rather than hitting the hay early. It seems to help us adjust to the new timezone: i.e. we're really tired when we crash at 9:00 PM, so we sleep pretty well and are ready for a normal day afterwards. So I would recommend just planning on a trip into Paris, with a lot of walking and an early dinner. That's what we do, at least.