Please sign in to post.

Hotel at CDG

We will be leaving in the morning from CDG after our France trip. I would appreciate suggestions on hotel accommodations for the night before. The Hilton looked okay. Thanks

Posted by
9420 posts

Question for anyone that’s stayed at the Sheraton, is it nice?

Posted by
8060 posts

We have stayed at the Hilton and the Novotel and always choose the Novotel now. Relatively inexpensive, clean, convenient to the CDGval, adequate buffet breakfast and quiet. We loath the Hilton as it was the site of the worst meal we have had in Europe. It was very expensive (which was expected) and dried out truly awful food with surly rude service. It was so memorable an experience that although long ago we have avoided Hilton properties when possible ever since. The room was fine.

Posted by
2622 posts

We’ve stayed at the Sheraton a few times. It’s often pricey but it’s so convenient that we like it for our 10am departure to Seattle. I check the price regularly and it often comes down. We’re paying about 280 for one night in October of this year:(

Posted by
9420 posts

Thank you Valerie. Are the rooms, beds, bedding nice?

Posted by
2622 posts

@Susan: We had a twin-bedded room earlier this year for a one night stay (Note: that stay was at $325).

The beds were firm, sheets were fine. Everything in the bathroom was fine. It was all a little outdated feeling but totally adequate.

I thought our room had a really fun view over the runway and enjoyed watching the planes. I realize there are other places to stay nearby but…for us…I’ve decided that simplicity and convenience are worth it at this point in our lives.

Posted by
6510 posts

We stayed years ago at the Ibis, right in the airport, and it was fine, though perhaps with fewer amenities than the Hilton or Sheraton. I don't see the Ibis on the link Southam provided, but I do see a Melia property. Melia is an international chain and I'm sure that would be fine also. What you're looking for is convenience, which means a hotel in the airport itself rather than in the town of Roissy. You want to walk or take a short ride on the in-airport rail system to your terminal. You don't want to be waiting for a van at your Roissy hotel to take you into the airport. At least not with an early departure.

The goals are (1) a good night's sleep before your flight, and (2) minimal stress and risk of lateness in the morning. Any decent, clean hotel should meet those goals.

Posted by
79 posts

If you do not have rewards status with one chain or the other, I would just go with price. I generally use Hiltons for travel for points, so I picked the CDG Hilton in June and enjoyed it. Our rooms were enormous, even by US standards. We did not eat there (we dropped the bags off and took the RER B to Stade de France for a football match and ate there, and we had breakfast in the airport after clearing security so we could sleep in longer), but the staff was great.

Posted by
55 posts

Bob,
We stayed at the Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel a few years ago and thought it was lovely. We are going back in a few weeks and will stay there the night before we fly out. You basically walk out of the hotel and into the airport. The room we stayed in was very large, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was gorgeous with a nice soaking tub. The staff were wonderful.

Enjoy your trip!
Diane