Please sign in to post.

Hotel

We have booked (but it can be canceled) Hotel de L'Empereur on Rue Chevert in the 7th. Any experiences there? Is the location ok?

Posted by
7209 posts

Have you read the reviews? TripAdvisor reviews are excellent. 7th is not very centrally located but it’s definitely tourist ground zero!

Posted by
4140 posts

I have stayed here many times in the last ten years , and love the place . Impeccably maintained , and charming . The metro stop ( Tour Maubourg ) is a block away , and the location next to Les Invalides , is quiet and peaceful . Plenty of cafes and services within a two block walk .

Posted by
13934 posts

I'll agree with Steven. I first stayed there on a Rick Steves Paris and Heart of France tour and have since stayed several times on my own. I usually pay more and get the rooms with a view because the lit up gold dome of Napoleon's tomb is beautiful at night! Breakfast room can get a little crowded. Even though it's on a fairly main street it is not noisy.

Posted by
752 posts

Quite close to your rental car drop off on Esplanade des Invalides (from your other thread), calm neighborhood. Enjoyed my stay there, do get the Invalides Dome view if available.

Posted by
13934 posts

Plus they have one of those awesome orange juice squeezers in the breakfast room, lol! Yum!

BTW, I've also stayed at their sister hotel, Hotel Muguet, which is right down the street. I liked it as well.

Posted by
33 posts

Awesome! I guess we will keep it. Barbara, everyone scared me and we moved the rental drop off to Orly. I guess it will be easier to not have to walk to the hotel at night with luggage.

Posted by
33 posts

Now I'm going back to see what category room we booked. We booked a double standard room with a view.

Our other option was Hotel de la Motte Picquet right by Rue Cler. This one just looked nicer.

Posted by
752 posts

The L’Empéreur is a great decision. The La Motte Piquet is on the busy corner of Rue Cler and Ave de la Motte Piquet: Poste Office trucks and market trucks early in the morning.

I don’t think you’ll regret Orly either, primarily because you will turn your car in to an actual person who will give you a receipt confirming the condition of the vehicle and final charges. Done.

Posted by
13934 posts

I agree with Barbara - Hotel l’Empereur is nicer than Hotel de la Motte Picquet. I’ve stayed there too. The breakfast room is so tiny - maybe 4 tables and the rooms are not as nice. The staff is very good there as at l’Empereur. Glad you booked a scenic room!!

Posted by
33 posts

I can't tell you how many hours I stressed over which hotel to book. Thanks for confirming that I didn't mess up!