Please sign in to post.

Hotel

My friend and I are taking a cruise which leaves from Paris on July 2 of 2020. We will be landing in Paris on July 1sr and need a hotel recommendation for one nite as well as ideas for what to see and do when you just have one day to see Paris

Thanks - bonnie

Posted by
26829 posts

I'd consider a walking tour or two for your arrival day. You may well be sleep-deprived and jetlagged after the overnight flight. Staying outdoors and in motion may help.

Posted by
7209 posts

Just walking outside in Paris and looking around is quite good. Maybe take a bike tour? That’s always fun.

Posted by
330 posts

Bonnie, Where does your boat leave from on July 2nd? Would you like hotel recommendations for something close to your embarkation point?

Posted by
3 posts

Would like to say close to downtown where all the activities are

Posted by
5697 posts

Which activities are important to you -- museums, river cruise, Eiffel Tower, stores, sidewalk cafes ?

Posted by
3 posts

I think landmarks. Like Eiffel Tower and palaces.

But I’m confused as to where to stay. Which area of the city is best. Is it in. City Center?

Posted by
330 posts

This sounds like a great adventure. The sites/monuments in Paris are spread out and not clustered in a single area (as you might expect in a modern American “downtown”), so it’s difficult to answer your question without more information. Many of us could rattle off hotels that we love and areas we find charming but this is your trip! To maximize your brief visit, to see and do what’s most important to you, it may be of value to do a bit of research to find the area of Paris that interests you most. If you haven’t already done so, I’d take a quick look at a guide book or two - Rick Steves’ Paris is a great start. I also like DK Eyewitness books for the great photos and quick descriptions. You might be able to get these from your public library. Once you find the place/area that sparks your interest, I’d look for hotels in that area. You also might prioritize convenience of getting to your embarkation point for the cruise.