Please sign in to post.

Help! need a place in or around Paris for family of 4 . June 15-20 2015

Yikes! A family member was in charge of booking a place in Paris but that didn't happen.
Any advice on finding a place for a family of 4.( 2 adults 2 kids -11&15) We are fine on staying outside Paris and commuting in.
Apartment rental,b&b, hotel we are fine wit.

Posted by
712 posts

Ouch!!! AirBnB is my go-to, especially since you are 4 persons, with kids, and are willing to stay outside the center. I just took a looksy at the calendar for the place where I will be staying in July and it's booked - sorry! But try the site. New properties pop up all the time.

Posted by
8026 posts

you will need a quad room and commuting in from outside Paris is a real time and energy waster for such a short trip. There is someone on trip advisor who periodically publishes a list of hotels with quad rooms in Paris; you could search in their Paris forum for that.

Or just use a booking cite and put in 4 people and see what comes up for availability for quad rooms. Another alternative is a budget hotel and two rooms. We stayed in Hotel Delambre on Rue Delambre for 99 Euro a night for two and it is a great part of town -- lots of inexpensive decent restaurants and great transport. It is near Gare Montparnasse. Two rooms there might work -- it is a small basic French hotel. There are several in the area. There are also lots of budget hotels at Galieni including Mr. Bed and Ibis which is right at the end of the #3 metro line. Not as good as Montparnasse and not as charming but okay if desperate and the #3 line ends at a shopping center with grocery store, McDonalds and a Paul Bakery.

You cannot squeeze extra people into Paris hotel rooms -- so you need to book a quad room or two doubles.

Posted by
4150 posts

Try booking.com.

Put in your dates and use the drop down box under guests to describe your family. Get your results and refine them to suit your needs and wants. Sort your results in the best way for you. Note that there will be a variety of kinds of lodgings, not only hotels.

I have used booking.com many times to identify potential lodgings, but I have never actually booked through them. I always go directly to my lodgings of choice for that.

When refining, I ignore the number of stars. I prefer to use the ratings instead, and for us, the place has to have an 8 or above.

I hope you are able to find a place soon. Your family member's negligence has put you in a bit of a bind.

Posted by
9420 posts

Try for two rooms at Hotel de l'Avre in the 15th arrondissement. Love this hotel.