We are a large family 10 of us with young kids (ages 5, 2, 1) and aging parents that are not able to really walk. We will be visiting France. Honestly this might be my parents last trip there, so its more about covering ground than covering every sight and sound.
We ideally want to spend time in France but it wont be intense and we will not be covering each museum, chateau and chapel. Its really a whirlwind to get a taste as there is no way we can truly enjoy everything with the kids, and aging parents. We would like to sight see and mix it in with food and taking in the local culture
My entire family will all be together from July 5-July 24th. We are hiring a 2 large vans and drivers to be with us for the entire duration so driving is not an issue.
July 24th- August 18 it will just be my husband, my 2 kids (5, 2) and myself, and we will be driving ourselves. Trains are not an option for us with kids and luggage. We will likely pick up a car in Marseilles and drop it off in Paris.
Below is what I have put together based on the feedback of several recommendations.
Questions - I need help in terms of which areas to visit, and accommodations. We love wine, cheese and food. Our kids are young enough to go with the flow and have some fun time as well.
- Colmar - where should we stay in regards to which city. Should we stay in Strasbourg and drive. Which hotel or B&B do you recommend. How many days 2 or 3?
- Beaune - where should we stay in the city? How many days 2 or 3?
- From St.Tropez to San Sebastian we have a few days and want to break our journey where should we go?
- From Bordeaux to Paris again we have a few days and want to break our journey where should we go?
- Is Normandy - St.Michelle good with kids? If so where should we stay.
- My older son is obsessed with the eiffel tower - Paris is for him, Ive been several times. What should we do in Paris. This is dedicated to him....
Land at CDG - July 5th Go directly to Reims to get over jet lag. Kids will be in hotel with the nanny while we will be out.
July 5-7th - Reims
July 8th - Reims to Colmar
July 9th - Colmar in and around-
July 10th - Colmar in and around
July 11th - Colmar to Beaune
July 12th - Beaune in and around
July 13th - Beaune in and around
July 14th - we have this extra day possibly and can add it to either the Burgundy or the Colmar leg of our trip
July 15th - Check in to our villa in St. Remy
July 15-July 26th - Villa in St. Remy
July 26th - Head to St.Tropez - Meeting friends here.
July 30th - Head to San Sebastian - this is a long drive and we would like to cut it at the half point and spend 2 nights. Where should we stay
Aug 3rd - San Sebastian
Aug 4th - Bilbao
Aug 5th - San Sebastian
Aug 6th - San Sebastian
Aug 7th - Leave for Bordeaux we are meeting friends in Bordeaux
Aug 8th - Bordeaux
Aug 9th - Bordeaux
Aug 10th - Head towards Paris. This is a long drive and we would like to cut it at the half point and spend 2 nights. Where should we stay?
Aug 11th - ? Normandy-St.Michelle
Aug 12th - ? Normandy-St.Michelle
Aug 13th - ?Normandy-St.Michelle
Aug 14th - ?Normandy-St.Michelle
Aug 15th - Paris
Aug 16th - Paris
Aug 17th - Paris
Aug 18th - Head Back to LAX
Thank you in Advance!