Please sign in to post.

Guided walking tours in Paris

Hi! My family will be visiting Paris in June. 2 adults and 2 kids (9 & 7). I really enjoy guided walks and am thinking this is a good way to learn about Paris (first trip - I want to learn about the city and catch its vibe not just visit museum to museum to museum). Will some of you share your favorites? Does anyone have experience with Paris Walks? or the withlocals walks? Thanks!

Posted by
338 posts

Paris Walks is a very good company with interesting tours. Just keep in mind that the tours are rain or shine. The kids might like the bateau bus.

Posted by
2469 posts

Pjkaser,
I just did a walk with Paris Walks and enjoyed it very much. Our guide, Chris, was interesting and funny, and knew his material. No commitment beforehand, just show up at the meeting place. 15 Euros per person. A variety of topics scheduled for different days of the week and covering several neighborhoods. Took 2 hours. I can’t comment on topics for children but everything is available online.
Enjoy Paris!

Posted by
475 posts

We did two Paris Walks and enjoyed them very much. Fat Tire Bike tours are very fun too (I think they have walking tours now too)~ more fun for kids I think so might be worth checking out!

Posted by
18 posts

Another one is free except you tip is Paris Greeters. Friend raves about them
Yolanda