Please sign in to post.

Gluten Free in Paris

We are staying in Paris next week and are gluten free but not celiac. Can anyone recommend good gluten free or gluten free friendly restaurants or cafes?

Posted by
10208 posts

I can't, but I can tell you that the bread in France doesn't affect me the way the bread in the States used to. Different flour. You may be able to enjoy items here that you can't in the US.

We are traveling to Paris in early August and my husband is Celiac. I found the best guide to gluten free dining from therealemilyinparis.com. It’s very comprehensive with recommendations from places she has been and their locations and websites. I’d highly recommend it.

Posted by
28 posts

Thanks for the GF information. I have celiacs and ‘this will help.

Posted by
28 posts

I just checked the two recommendations and they are not old.

Posted by
202 posts

I went to Paris with a friend who has celiac and it wasn't a problem at all. She would simply say to the server "Sans gluten?" and they would immediately point out on the menu what was safe for her.

She had translated something like "Hello, I must eat gluten free, can you recommend?" into French and printed it on a card that she was prepared to show. She only had to show it once the entire week.