Please sign in to post.

Giverny/Monet

Hello all - I have searched quite a few places but I have an overarching question - minimal, we will visit Giverny for a half day or so in April (it will be open), but the gardens and home are not currently open and the website is like from 1997 😂

I don't seem to be able to just purchase tickets online via the actual Giverny Monet website. I'm left to think this is because the site is currently closed and given the modernity f the website I'm thinking this is the case, but the planner in me doesn't want to wait until a week before our trip to book something. I've looked at several 3rd party trips and im not opposed to that per se, but so many charge way more and then don't include entrance or whatnot. I am sure we are capable of taking the train to Giverny and back, so just looking for anyone to confirm that tickets for April 11 will start showing up at some point?

We would be willing to splurge on some kind of more fancy tour trip including transport perhaps (the Monet site recommends some local guides but the first connection we made, that guide is out of town that week and then its kind f turning into emailing random people and I'd prefer still to go through more of a website type deal), so if anyone has a rec for a tour they thought was great, i'd love to hear that as well!

TIA
Lisa FJ

Posted by
13946 posts

Well, that is quite bizarre isn't it? I just went thru all the ticketing choices from the official site ( http://fondation-monet.com/en/ ) and you are right, none are up yet. I'd just plan to check the ticket site weekly to see if they are geared up for April 1. I'd bet by mid-Feb to 1st of March they will be online.

There is a place on the Fondation Claude Monet website to sign up for a newsletter so I would do that as maybe they will notify folks when the tickets are on sale.

Posted by
8 posts

thanks all! helpful and reassuring! i will also check out the newsletter and the fat tire tours! merci!