Please sign in to post.

Giverny Entrance Question

I’m hoping to take the train to Vernon and from there, rent a bike to go to Giverny. I’m also hoping to make the first entrance to the gardens which is 9:30 am. There is a train that arrives in Vernon at 9:05. It’s unlikely I can arrive, rent the bike, and make the twenty minute ride over before 9:30. My question is - how strict are they with the admission time? Will my 9:30 ticket still allow me entrance if I arrive at say 9:45?

Posted by
641 posts

acwbaguette,
It is my belief that most places give you a half hour window.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you for digging that up. I imagine there may be some others in my boat. Hopefully its not a big issue.

Oh wow I'm surprised too! I'll pack a few masks. I'm also going in May. Fingers crossed for wisteria at Giverny. I can't wait.

Posted by
8060 posts

We visited Giverny the last day it was open this past fall. Noone was wearing a mask. Like many places the Fondation has not updated its web site.

Posted by
548 posts

We visited Giverny last May. Nobody was wearing a mask.

Posted by
2130 posts

We visited Oct 2023, no masks. We also did a Fat Tire bike tour to Giverny a few years ago. Lots of fun, check it out!

Posted by
18 posts

When you go to buy tickets this is the message -
Visit of the House and Gardens of Claude Monet – Giverny

Open to the public every day from 9.30am to 6pm. Last admission at 5.30pm.

Online booking is not mandatory but is recommended on weekends and bank holidays. Tickets are also available on site every day.

Posted by
5764 posts

Essentially @ Lindy above has looked at an out of date page on the website relating to when they first re-opened after the Covid shutdown.

Ideally that page should have been deleted from their website two years and more on.

Posted by
902 posts

This is what was at the bottom of the Giverny link: "Ouvert du 29 mars 2024 au 1er novembre 2024
de 9h30 à 18h, dernière admission à 17h30" So, it looked current. However, there are those who are saying that they've recently visited and no masks were required. I'll delete that part of my post. Thanks for the correction.

Posted by
160 posts

Janet-- I was at the gardens on the last day of the season last year! I had been in Paris in April 2023 and had reservations for the Gardens for Easter Sunday. Even though I checked, and double checked when I checked for the train on Thursday there was no return from Giverny so I called the foundation and they allowed me to use my ticket when I was coming in November of 2023. I was arriving November 1st, which was the last day of the season and so went to my apartment dropped off my bags bought my train ticket and practically ran to the gardens, so I was there late in the afternoon! I noticed from another point post that you and I were somewhere at the same time as well. I'm in Avignon at the moment, you wouldn't happen to be here as well would you? Regards Janet