Please sign in to post.

Giverny

We are ending a tour in Paris and going from there to Bayeux, Giverny and back to Paris. Looking for suggestions on where to stay in Giverny. Also, on another note, some have suggested the search to review prior topics. I do. It see that in the Forum area. Please help.

Thank you

Posted by
8486 posts

j.b., look at the top of this page (assuming you're not using a phone app) and see the gray box that says "Search". Type in that box. It is hard to see, but works.

Posted by
9647 posts

If you're on the phone app, click on the four bars in the top left corner and it will bring up a menu with search at the top.

Posted by
45 posts

Just back from a similar visit. We did not stay in Giverny, but drove early from Paris to Giverny to stay in Bayeux. I will say the gardens are magnificent! But, we got there about noon, and the crowds were extreme (on a Sunday). We toured the museum first, and got a combined ticket at the museum which gave us access to the fast entrance, skipping the line for the house. But once inside, the line for the house continued (a long long line), so we ended up just touring the gardens. I still cannot say enough how beautiful they are. In early June, lots of blossoms everywhere with just as many buds coming soon. My best suggestion is to do the home early. I think I saw on the website you could do a timed ticket entrance as well. Good luck and enjoy!

Posted by
6 posts

Does anyone have an update since June 2019 on the condition of the gardens at Giverny? We are going next month (October) and I'm worried that the heatwaves this summer may mean all the flowers will be dying early.

Posted by
73 posts

I recommend Le Clos Fleuri to stay in Giverny. Delightful. Owner is an Aussie. We werw there 2 weeks ago and the gardens were beautiful.