Please sign in to post.

Getting around Paris

Before making our way to London for a few days, we'll have a day-and-a-half on our own in Paris. I understand the transit system in Paris is called Metro. My question is: Is there an sensible Metro pass in Paris equivalent to the Oyster Card in London, and if so, is it worth buying in advance? Also, are many of the important museums and tourist places in Paris free of admission as they are in London, where I have basically ruled out buying a London Pass for that reason, ie.they don't make economic sense. Thanks yet again. (BTW we already have tour operator arrangements for the Louve and Versailles, so we don't need to worry abut those).

Posted by
427 posts

A day and a half in Paris, and you're wondering if a transit pass makes sense?

No.

Just buy regular tickets and use the mass transit system, which (by the way) is more than the Métro.

Posted by
5213 posts

Since you’re only in Paris for a day and a half, I’d suggest getting individual Metro tickets, or a carnet of 10 tickets on the Navigo Easy card, check here for more helpful information: ParisbyTrain

Museums are not free in Paris, so you’ll need to buy individual tickets for the museums you desire to see. You may book tickets online on their respective websites.

Enjoy your time in PAris!

P.S.
If you’re considering going up the Eiffel Tower, make sure you book your tickets way in advance on the official website here: www.toureiffel.paris

Posted by
8060 posts

If you are going out of town to Versailles and also doing the Louvre, you are pretty well covered for a day and a half in Paris.