Please sign in to post.

Geneva to Annecy

I thought I’d seen an answer to this, but couldn’t find it,....

I have a Swiss Pass (May or may not be relevant), and will be in Geneva, going to Annecy. What is the best way to get to Annecy from Geneva (pretty, or fast or whatever....I have plenty of time)

Thx!

Posted by
7260 posts

The Swiss Pass doesn't cover you beyond Geneva, but there's a frequent, quick (1-1.30 HR) and inexpensive bus between the two cities: Transalis line T72. The times and other info is available online, I'm almost certain I saw an English version of those once.

Posted by
2380 posts

hey hey laura
don't know about swiss pass, i'm sure not valid in france. we will be in geneva for 2 nights (sept 16-18) then onto annecy (sept 18-24) for 6 nights next month. looked at different options for us and we decided on a taxi.
it's about 105E, yes more pricey but will be door to door service, about 30-40 minutes, with our luggage, splitting it in half, using taxiannecygeneva.net
trains were 2H9M (42 to 93E) with one stop and every 4 hours. too time constricting for us
bus was 1H3M or more (2 to 20E) about every hour
blablacar.co.uk is a rideshare program.
don't wanna leave too early, because of checkin time and if luggage hold? we are in an apartment in annecy, have time to pack up, checkout of our geneva hotel, have a late breakfast then taxi to annecy.
once there will do some shopping, store below apartment, for goodies, snacks, wine. relax on the terrace, enjoy our lake view with a glass of wine. will find a restaurant for dinner that night, let the "party" begin.
hope that helps, a decision for you to decide what you want. have fun and enjoy
aloha

Posted by
16895 posts

FYI, the only route past the French border where a Swiss Travel Pass is valid is Martigny-Chatelard-Chamonix.

Posted by
4684 posts

As well as the T72 there are also Flixbus services, which I believe are faster as most T72 journeys stop in some small towns along the way.