Please sign in to post.

Galeries Lafayette fashion show

We'll be in Paris last week of August and would love to take my daughter to a fashion show. Is there a show at Galeries Lafayette every Friday at 3? Any details and experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Posted by
79 posts

It's been 5 or 6 years now, but we took our young daughter (she must have been 6 or 7) to the fashion show at Galleries Lafayette and we all had a blast. I recall that reservations are required and they draw a large crowd. There was no assigned seating so it was a bit of a rush for good seats but the models are raised up on the catwalk and it was easy to see from almost anywhere. After the show, when the room cleared out, our daughter got a kick out of walking the catwalk, with the Galleries Lafayette sign as a backdrop,and "striking a pose". She still cherishes those pictures. Be sure to go up onto the rooftop deck at some point. It offers nice views of Paris.

Posted by
30 posts

Thank you Bob. I attended a show myself over 15 years ago there and enjoyed it very much. Does anyone else know about any fashion shows, maybe at Printemps?

Posted by
712 posts

We went to the Galaries Lafayette fashion show last summer. Last year, they had them every Friday until the first of September. It was really cool - we got there early and had front row seats. Of course this isn't Paris Fashion Week level lol, but it's an awesome experience nonetheless. Top it off by visiting the top of Galerie Lafayette - my favorite view in all of Paris.