Please sign in to post.

Entrance to Roland Garros Stadium

We will be in Paris just in time for the women’s and men’s finals of the French Open this year. I would love to go watch either match at Roland Garros Stadium but it’s very expensive. I was hoping, at least, to go to the stadium grounds and watch it on the big screen like they do in New York. I went to their website but it looks like they only sell tickets for the actual game. If anybody has been to the stadium/French Open games, pls give some advice. Thanks!

Posted by
186 posts

The only way to enter the grounds is with a ticket for that day. If you are there any of the days leading up to the finals (it runs about 2 weeks), I would recommend you buy a ticket for one of those days as you will be able to have your pick of matches to see all day long, soak in the atmosphere, watch more expensive matches on a massive big screen. If that is not an option, I believe there are places in Paris (search previous posts on this) that have viewing screens set up outdoors for fans. Not quite the same, but . . .

Posted by
4007 posts

You will need to buy a grounds pass. When the tickets go on sale on March 20 in the middle of the night in the US, buy your outside courts tickets then to make sure you have them before they are sold out.

If anybody has been to the stadium/French Open games, pls give some
advice. Thanks!

You will be asked to show your passport upon entry so have it with it you. Expect long lines at the ladies room because unlike the US Open, there are limited # of toilets thus long lines develop.

Soak in the atmosphere. You'll enjoy yourself!

Posted by
78 posts

Thank you so much for the very helpful comments/advice. I will certainly follow it.