Please sign in to post.

French Open in May 2015

We are planning to attend the French Open in May for the first time. Has anyone else attended and if so any suggestions on purchasing tickets? I have looked at the Roland Garros website and looks like tickets for the general public are not on sale until March. We do not plan on purchasing any special packages or VIP access. Just looking for good information on tickets and any insight from someone that has been. Looking to attend Friday 5/29 or Sat 5/30 We are staying in the Rue Cler area and not sure if getting a taxi or trying the metro for transportation. Thank you!

Posted by
15582 posts

I don't know anything about attending the games. I was in Paris once during RG. In front of the Hotel de Ville there was a huge screen showing the televised games. There was seating on the ground (some kind of fake grass, I think) and a few bleachers on the side, and there was a clay court that you could play on. The seating was free, playing cost money. I stopped by several times to watch some of the tennis in-between sightseeing. It was a good way to rest my feet!

Based on my experience buying tickets for Melbourne, be online and ready to purchase as soon as the tickets go on sale to get the best seats.

Posted by
1 posts

You are in for a treat. My wife and I went last year in early June, and had a wonderful time. It is true that you cannot get tickets until March. Tickets sold prior to that are for French Tennis Federation members and French citizens. You can buy single day passes which will get you into any match except the ones played on the featured courts, (Chartier or Langdon). Although these cant be purchased until March, it is no problem to get them online before you leave for Paris. You can actually buy them as little as 1 day ahead. Tickets are only sold online, nothing at the gate. We took the Metro to the closest station to Roland Garros, and then walked to the venue. It's not that far. Be prepared for crowds and possibly rain. This is the big event in Paris in the spring, and the French love their tennis. Have fun.

Mike Pearcy

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you. We are looking forward to it and rain doesn't bother us on holiday as we generally visit Scotland in the spring. Definitely will be looking to purchase as soon as they are available in March and hope the 1 day ticket we purchase allows us to see at least one of our favorites playing.