Please sign in to post.

French Open

Has anyone been to the French Open? I'm looking for advice/instructions about how to get there from Paris via subway, best way to get tickets and just general info about your experience.

Thanks.

Robyn
Chicago, IL

Posted by
286 posts

Take Line No.10 towards Boulogne. The stop for Roland Garros is Port d’Auteuil. It is a short walk to the park. There is an exit at Port d'Auteuil marked Roland Garros. I was there for a Davis Cup event in 2003, so I'm not sure how you get tickets - on-line probably. I've ordered tickets to the Paris Masters Event in 2013 and it was easy to do on-line.

Posted by
656 posts

I am not sure if you want to get tickets to the French Open or visit the stadium. I was there last September and booked a tour. We saw everything except the locker rooms which is usually included with the tour. Davis cup was playing the following weekend so players were there so we couldn't go to the rooms. Richard Qasquet passed us on the way to the locker room

Posted by
16221 posts

Are you there now, or planning on going next year?

You can use the Search function to find past discussions on the French Open, and some good advice.

Posted by
2 posts

We're planning to go to the early rounds in 2016 following a Rick Steves' tour of Holland and Belgium. We've been to the US Open once and look forward to the others in coming years!

Posted by
1626 posts

We are also looking to go to the French Open next year. Does anyone know when tickets normally go on sale? Is it a lottery?