Please sign in to post.

France in November

My wife and I are planning a two week trip to france in November. Can anyone gives us any tips as to clothes to pack, seasonal closings etc?

Posted by
7837 posts

The seasonal closings happen in December through March, It depends on where you are going. Most tourist sites have websites where you can look up the hours. For example last January I want to the Dordogne hoping to see Lascaux 2 replica cave painting but it was scheduled to be closed until February. You will see the phrase Fermeture Annuelle (Annual Closing)

I would pack an impermeable and layer under that as needed. As far as temperature goes people have there on tolerances. You can look at the historical averages of the weather on wikipedia or weather.com etc, for where you are planning to go and pack according to that based on what you know what you can tolerate.

Posted by
4132 posts

Some places see seasonal reductions in hours, and closings of some bus routes, after the Day of the Dead on Nov. 1 (which is a significant holiday).

Posted by
9567 posts

Do you mean for this November? Just a note that there will be numerous commemorative ceremonies surrounding the 100-year anniversary of the signing of the Armistice that ended World War I on November 11. (November 11 is an official holiday as well.)