Please sign in to post.

France 2018

This morning we booked our Eiffel Tower tickets. Our final pre trip booking to be made. Will start making restaurant reservations next month. Our trip stands as follows.
June 16 flying from SFO to CDG
On the 17th travel by train to Bordeaux.
Spend two nights at La Villa bnb in Bordeaux and attending the Bordeaux wine festival.
On the 19th pick up rental car and drive to the Dordogne. Stopping along the way at St Emillon for lunch. Spend seven nights at the Manoir de la Malartrie by La
Roque-Gageac. Seven days of caves, biking, canoeing and castles,
On the 26th return car in Bordeaux and return by train to Paris for three nights at
Hotel de la Motte Picquet in the Rue Cler.
Visiting the tower late afternoon. Spend two full days seeing the sights of Paris. Including my must see, the Army Museum. Final night at a jazz club.
Fly home on the 29th to San Francisco via Montreal.
Lots of planning went into our trip. Yes,
I know the SNCF strikes may inpact our arrival. Hopefully by then a resolution will be found! My wife and I are very excited. Italy last year and this year France.
Happy travels,

Richard

Posted by
2304 posts

Hey Richard
how fun, went to the bardolino wine festival on lake Garda few years back. Stayed at hotel nettuno, 15euros got necklace glass holder, let the party begin. Bardolino wine tasting, food, music, sitting and relaxing, walking thru the small town, meeting people from all over, people watch, fireworks. I’m jealous :) happy travels
Aloha

Posted by
12172 posts

Thanks for your post. It prompted me to add potential strike dates and the wine festival to my planning calendar for my trip this June.