Please sign in to post.

Fountains at Versailles

I am looking at booking tickets to Versailles in June. I will have a Paris Museum Pass which does not include the fountains. I can book a ticket for them at an additional cost. Looking for first hand experiences with the muscial fountain show. Did you enjoy the show and was the time spent at the show worth it or would you have found your time better spent in the Palace. It has been 30 years since I last visited Versailles. Deciding the best way to spent my day.

Posted by
353 posts

We loved the musical fountain evening! It was so pleasant with the fountains, beautiful music playing, ice cream vendor, etc. Just one piece of advice...the chateau itself was quite crowded at the end of the day. I think a lot of people had the same idea of visiting the interior prior to the evening event. If you are looking to tour the interior, I would try going a bit earlier in the afternoon. Then you can go somewhere nearby for a leisurely drink and dinner before the musical event begins. We definitely enjoyed ourselves and thought it was well worth the time and ticket price.

Posted by
8069 posts

It is not a 'show' -- the "fountain show" just means the fountains are turned on for about 90- minutes in the morning and then again mid afternoon for a couple of hours. You walk around entering the various copses to see them. I personally don't think the gardens are worth visiting when they are not on. Here is our visit a few years ago.
https://janettravels.wordpress.com/2016/02/15/fountains-of-versailles-a-little-chaos/
You would of course probably book a time for the palace too -- I would book it mid day so as to be able to see the fountains in action before and after.

The so called 'musical fountains' is when they have a couple of the less interesting fountains running and are playing the usual tinny canned music. Go for the 'Fountain Show'