Please sign in to post.

Food tours in Paris

Hello!

I have posted questions about Paris before and wanted to start a new thread with questions about food there. :-)
My husband, myself and her two teenage daughters are visiting Paris for the first time next spring. Does anyone have any good food tours that they recommend going on to try Parisian food? Or any good restaurants or cafés that we should not miss?

Thank you!

Posted by
857 posts

I did a food tour in Budapest, but not really sure if it makes sense to fool with something like that in Paris.

And food in Paris is far more than the focus on "Parisian" or French food...the ethnic offerings - from Korean, Chinese, Thai, Japanese, to Indian, Italian, Russian, and so on, is incredible and not to be missed.

Posted by
3702 posts

There are many great food tours in Paris. The ones I have done were done by Paris by Mouth and were neighborhood based (https://parisbymouth.com/food-wine-tours/). There are thousands of good restaurants and cafes so you might want limit us with some preferred areas. I’ll throw out the L’Avant Comptoir and any of its siblings, which are fun places but go during off hours (https://camdeborde.com/en/restaurants/avant-comptoir-de-la-terre). My husband loves the original (linked above) but I prefer L’Avant Comptoir de la Mer which is often less crowded (https://camdeborde.com/en/restaurants/avant-comptoir-de-la-mer).

Posted by
13952 posts

I'm not a big foodie, but I thought this one sounded interesting. I did not have time to work it in this spring but have it bookmarked for a future visit. You all may not have an interest in Julia Child so might not tick the box for you!

https://www.eatingeurope.com/paris/juliachildparis/

There are a number of people here who have recommended the Eating Europe folks - no personal experience though.

I love to go eat falafel in the Marais. The place I like is Mi-Va-Mi which is across the lane from the famous L'As du Fallafel. I've eaten there as well but prefer Mi-Va-Mi's falafel mix...it's tastier to me.

https://goo.gl/maps/cStz7bHHT72ZwDbh7

I'd encourage you to try things in your "neighborhood" as well...to me it's always fun to find good food near my hotel!

editing to add: I see Jane added her post about Eating Europe while I was typing. That's undoubtedly who told me about them....I do everything she tells me, hahaha!!

Posted by
6302 posts

Pam, Lol! Remember my October Paris itinerary is copied straight from your Facebook page!

Posted by
14 posts

In late May my husband and I took a Paris by Mouth tour in the lower Marais. Déniz was the guide, the group was small, and the focus of this particular tour was very basic: bread, patisserie, cheese, and wine—with a little chocolate thrown into the mix. It was the perfect preparation for the rest of our time in France. I’m sure I learned about Paris by Mouth from this forum. I also looked into Eating Europe and Secrets, but I chose Paris by Mouth because the date, time, and location of that particular tour worked best for me. Look at various companies’ itineraries, neighborhoods, dates and times, and then check reviews. Better yet, ask your daughters to do the research. If they have a stake in the tour, they’ll get more out of it.

Posted by
20 posts

I can't say first hand how these companies are, but I have all 3 of them booked when I visit Paris later this summer: Le Foodist, La Cuisine Paris, and Secret Food Tours. I love the idea of market tours then cooking classes, which the first two offer. But all three offer food tours without cooking classes.

Posted by
2304 posts

hey hey abbyspear
there are so many food tours, up to tasters to decide what they want and meets there desire.
discoverwalks.com/ paris
under food tours, check it out
eatwith.com/ paris
click the white circle (filters) next to search circle, click what your interests. some local resident cook in their homes and you're invited
lacuisineparis.com
look at what they offer and you choose
secretfoodtours.com/paris
take a look and click food tours and what's available
paris.originalfoodtours.com
what does your gang feel like eating and take your pick, even a market tour is fun
nossa-paris.com
in the 5th arr. known for portuguese/bbq food
angelina-paris.com 226 rue rivoligorgeous restaurant known for yummy hot chocolate, breakfast/brunch/ desserts.
la cuisine de phillippe restaurant 25 rue servandoni behind luxembourg gardens
craving souffles. went eatly when doors opened at noon otherwise reservation needed. hole in the wall, had passin fruit souffle yummy, friend had grand marnier souffle, bottle left at table
le souffle 36 rue du mont thabor 75001
savory and sweet souffles, always look at days/times opened for restaurants
frenchie-ftg.com 9 rue du nil 75002
click 4 lines for menu. home made hot sandwiches (US & UK) made in house, click menu
breizhcafe.com/ le marais 109 rue vielle du temple 75003
fabulous crepses, sweet & savory. we got one of each, so yummy
parisje t'aime.com
unique charm of parisan covered passages
womenofparis.fr
check tours she gives for women of paris, your teenagers may like it
lesduexmagots.fr 6 saint germain des pres 75006
fancy restaurant, sat outside and listened to music across street. walk through the restaurant and learn the history
cafe de flore 172 boulvard saint germain 75006
sit outside and enjoy the gorgeous flowers/vines growing up the outside of hotel
oldtimersparis.com
tour in a vintage car around attractions in paris
tuktukride.com
tour around paris, see what they offer, maybe a night tour
2cvparistour.com
rides and tours of paris in french cars. it was so fun for us.
la cure gourmande 55 rue saint louis en i'le 75004
on the island. a cookie/bisquit, fruit gems. small cute store, they have gorgeous tin boxes decorated in pretty french themes. i loved this store.
have your daughters do some research, see what they want to do and not do, let them enjoy making notes.
aloha