Please sign in to post.

Flying to Paris

I love this forum! Does anyone have advise on airlines to Paris around Oct 9th? Does anyone recommend a lower price carrier? The flight would be from Baltimore, Md to Paris. Thank you so much-any advise is welcome-

Posted by
8257 posts

My first advice would be to be sure to check neighboring airports as well.

Right now, WOW and American Airlines look like they have the lowest prices for that date. If you want the most accurate price quotes, you wil need to include your return date as well.

Posted by
3119 posts

I usually use Kayak.com to see which flights exist on which airlines. To book/purchase, I make sure to go to the actual airline's website and not an intermediary. If purchased through an intermediary (which I did by accident once) it becomes difficult if you need to contact the airline for a special request, such as food restrictions for your onboard meal.

Posted by
672 posts

Google Flights is also good. With both Kayak and Google Flights, you can track the price of specific flights and will be notified by email if the price changes.

Posted by
141 posts

Thank you so much for the replies! Yes we hqave used google flights and travelocity-just wondering now if WOW airlines or Icelandair is going to be hassle free.

Posted by
589 posts

I flew ICELANDAIR and they were pretty good. You get 1 free checked bag and seat selection. WOW will charge you for both because they are a discount carrier. I have not flown WOW so I can't tell you about the service or comfort.

Posted by
10118 posts

If your flight is cancelled, aircraft needs repair, or bad weather and the crew times-out so you have to be rescheduled--which airline can get you booked sooner: one that flies daily or one that flies only a few times a week from BWI? Keep that in mind.

Posted by
141 posts

Thanks again for all the advice! I went back and forth about using Icelandair but decided to book with Travelocity on British Airways-the price wasnt bad in comparison..

Posted by
591 posts

As epitd said, now that you know British Airways has a flight you want, book it directly through them in case problems come up. That is, if you haven't already purchased through a third party website.