Please sign in to post.

flight prices

Hi everyone.

I've never travlled overseas but we're going to Paris and London in July.  Looking into flights.  Expedia multicity Toronto to Paris (july 18) and London to Toronto (july 29) for three adults and a 12 yr old is showing me $4143 (non stop).  

For those of you who travel on a regular basis is this a decent price?  Should I jump on it or wait to see if it drops.  It seems a little high to me, though I don't know from overseas flights.

Thanks.  

Posted by
2655 posts

An open jaw, non-stop round trip at just over $1000 (Canadian) per person for what is a relatively busy time of year is not a horrible price. You might find something cheaper, or might not. I would check other search engines such as https://www.google.com/flights as well as with the airline itself just to compare.

Posted by
4037 posts

Use third-party websites to find good fares but always buy directly from the airline to protect yourself in case of delays and cancellations which can certainly happen.

Look also at Skyscanner and Google flights for airfares.

Those fares are expensive in part because you want to travel at the most popular & expensive time of year.

Posted by
5479 posts

Return flights during peak season for four people, Toronto - Paris - London - Toronto for less than £2500 is a very reasonable price in my opinion. I wouldn't expect the price to drop but only continue to rise.

What carrier is it?

Posted by
1221 posts

If you can flip the order of the cities, you can sometimes shave $75-100 off a ticket since France’s air departure taxes and fees are lower than the UK’s long haul APD charges

Posted by
8441 posts

We are paying about $1100 each for round trip Chicago/Paris in April/May in Premium Economy on AA. We could have had tickets for quite a bit less if we were willing to sit in basic coach. Those prices seem high for coach but not for premium coach. (on AA the new upgraded economy is noticeably better in space and amenities than coach)

Posted by
36 posts

Multiple airlines have non stop both ways but Air Transat seems to be the cheapest right now.

Non stop is preferred since my 12 yr old gets serious tension headaches on both the take off and landings, so the fewer of those the better.

Thanks for the advice.

Posted by
1221 posts

Right now, $1035 CAD is $792 USD, which sounds very reasonable to me for peak European summer travel.