*Thank you for reading this post. It is a bit on the longer side as I would like to provide enough information to receive most informed assistance from the forum members.
We - me, my husband and my 6 year old - will be traveling to France first two weeks of August. This was a last minute vacation plan. So far, we know that we fly in and out of Paris. After looking around a bit was thinking of the following travel plans.
Day 1 - Arrive in Paris
Day 2 - Take the train to Avignon, set up and explore
Day 3 - Day 6 - Spend in Avignon (plan on taking day trips to Gordes, Nimes and L'Isle-sur-la-Sorge)
Day 7 - Take the train to Annecy, set up and explore
Day 8 - Day 10 - Spend in Annecy
Day 11 - Take the train to Paris, set up, explore
Day 12 - Day 16 - Spend in Paris (Loire valley trip??)
Day 17 - depart Paris early morning
1. Does this plan seem too much or is it ok?
2. Am reading conflicting information about train travel - given the strike. Is it truly a bad idea to plan on the inter-city travel by train?
3. As regards day trips, we were planning on renting a car. Do we need IDP or is US driving license ok? How about car seats?
4. Loire valley - can it be done as a day trip or should we plan an overnight trip?
5. Is there a certain day or time that is better than other to visit Eiffel tower?
6. Would US credit cards work at all places including tolls or do we need to keep cash/coins on hand?
7. We are looking at Air-bnb options for the entire trip - does anybody have a favorite to recommend?
TIA for your feedback.