81 posts

that looks like one hell of a fire. :(

Glad I went last year.

Posted by
1018 posts

Oh my. My tour Paris hof in 4 weeks or so. Guess that will be off our tour

Posted by
32198 posts

CNN news footage indicates the fire is on the roof over the main part of the cathedral. There appears to be scaffolding on the roof area where the fire is, and renovation work may have contributed to the start of the fire.

At the moment I don’t see any firefighting efforts or water streams. Fortunately they have a good source of water right next to the cathedral. It’s going to be difficult to get hose lines up there so Helicopter buckets would be one option.

Posted by
2329 posts

This is heartbreaking. I hope everyone is safe and the damage minimal.

Posted by
4105 posts

Latest is they're trying to get firefighters and boats to the area.

Paris is in tears

Posted by
7245 posts

I hope no one was injured! So sad for the city, and especially with Easter services next week.

Posted by
3940 posts

So heartbreaking. I just saw this and thinking of the beautiful stained glass and the history. We’ve visited it a few times and I’m in tears right now.

Posted by
9549 posts

A friend of mine who's a local journalist is on the scene and says that one firefighter (at least) is gravely injured.

Posted by
564 posts

There is another thread titled Fire at Notre Dame in Paris. More replies there likely as this and that thread are posted one minute apart. Just wanted those here to know there was more response to this topic