Please sign in to post.

Ferry travel from Paris to Rouen spring 2018

I'll be in Paris in the April/May 2018 and I wanted to visit Rouen after my stay in Paris. I thought rather than take a bus or the train I would look into travel via the river Seine. I'm not looking for the expensive river cruises I just want basic transportation as a walk on passenger. I'm looking for ferry service and schedules and fares, starting in Paris and finishing in Rouen, only one way. Does anyone have any information on this?

Posted by
20205 posts

I wouldn't get my hopes up on this one. The Seine meanders considerably and it would take forever to get to Rouen. There is nothing to see along the way except the occasional river town and perhaps a few industrial sites. It ain't exactly the Rhine between Koblenz and Mainz.

Edit - Just took a google satellite tour of the Seine. Besides a couple of 17th century chateaux near Paris, there is the ruins of Chateau Gaillard about half way between Vernon and Rouen. Some fascinating cement plants, a terrific Electricite de France power plant, and a great Renault assembly plant. And a lot of lovely farmland you can't see because it is beyond the trees that line the banks. And a fair number of lock-and-dam facilities that take extra time to get through.