Please sign in to post.

Fancy-dress event in Paris - September 2017

My husband and I will be in Paris from 3-11 September 2017. We are hoping to attend a "fancy dress" special event there, as we are celebrating our wedding anniversary. Any ideas on where to search for galas, charity events, etc during that timeframe? Thanks in advance.

Posted by
11507 posts

Why not just splurge on a really nice dinner..

Do you speak French?

Posted by
17953 posts

mpshakotko, that's an excellent idea. I'm no Paris expert so I won't be much specific help. We do this sort of thing when we travel. One year the luggage had in it mink, tux and fly fishing gear. The mix was so odd it was comical. If you strike out on other ideas you will be arriving at the start of the opera season in most european countries so get a box all to yourselves and arrive in a tasteful black Mercedes sedan with driver. If you look like Class, you will most likely be treated accordingly. If you Change your mind about Paris I can help arrange what you are looking for in Budapest.

Posted by
11507 posts

Isn't it cruel to keep anlibe animal in your luggage James ? ( monk)

Posted by
8293 posts

Pat's question to the OP "Do you speak French?" is a pointed one. If they aren't fluent in French, there is little sense in spending a pile of euros to attend a gala or charity event and not being able to communicate with anyone or understand what's going on. A splendid dinner at a fine restaurant should fill the bill and the stomach.

Posted by
17953 posts

You may have a point. I just assumed that, like the rest of the world, a significant percentage of the French spoke English and would be polite; especially to someone supporting their charity. It hasn't ever been a problem for us and we have attended events in much less sofisicated countries. That's sad to hear.

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks to all for the replies and the ideas! My husband is a native French speaker, so language shouldn't be too much of an issue. I appreciate everyone taking the time to respond to my question :)