Please sign in to post.

Family trip to Paris May 2025

I am looking for suggestions on places to stay in Paris next May. My husband and I, our 3 adult kids, and their significant others (4 bedrooms) will be staying together and husband and I are paying for the lodging. We will be there for a week. I think a hotel would be ideal because everyone would have their own bedroom and bathroom but I’m also open to an apartment. Our budget is around 5000 euros for a week. Is that even possible? If I contact hotels can I expect a discount for 4 rooms? Marais is our favorite area but we are flexible. Thanks so much.

Posted by
1124 posts

Elizabeth,
Four hotel rooms for 5000 euros for a week in May doesn't sound doable to me. That is only 1250/week for each room, or less than 180 euros per night. It would depend for sure on the location in Paris, and the Marais is a prime area. I doubt if there would be a multi-room discount, as Paris hotels don't seem to need to have them to be fully booked. That being said, you may find something like that at one of the larger chain hotels. Try a search on Booking.com just to get an idea of prices. Put in your parameters and see what comes up.
Best of luck!

Posted by
8435 posts

Look at small hotels in the 14th. Good area for cafes and amenities; good transport connections and hotel rates are a little less although in May they will be climbing. We like the area around Edgar Quinet metro and have stayed there before.

Posted by
3873 posts

I think that even in the outer arrondissements you will be hard pressed to find 4 rooms for 7 nights (1 week) for 5,000€ in May. That works out to around 714€ per night for four rooms or 178€ per night per double room. It could happen but it might require you get a non-cancellable reservation. And you never know what the future holds says the person who has been burned twice with non-cancellable reservations for sure trips that ended up not happening. That being said, take a look at Hotel de Neuve by Happyculture in Le Marais to see if they have anything that could work for your group. And same thing for Hotel Observatoire Luxembourg in the 6th.

Posted by
7556 posts

I would also check apartments on VRBO and other places. You will definitely get more bang for your buck, so to speak. I'm not sure who many places there are with 4 bedrooms, but it wouldn't hurt to look. And Booking.com will also have apartments if you check there. The advantage to looking on these sites is that they're easy to filter by price, dates and location.

Posted by
933 posts

I did a quick search on AirBnB and found nearly 300 apartments available in Paris for a randomly selected week in May, 4+ bedrooms, 4+ bathrooms. Most were less than your budgeted amount.

Posted by
3873 posts

I too did a quick search on AirBnb using the first week of May and capped the cost at $798 per night and got 88 places. Most were in the suburbs but a few are in Paris but none are in Le Marais. Your choices would be in the higher numbered arrondissements (above 10). This one looks like it is in the 11th and could be a possibility. I know nothing about the place. I just came across it when looking when I should have been working. I didn't check to see if it has a required registration number. You might want to try booking.com -- I believe that all of their apartments have registration numbers.