Please sign in to post.

Family of 4 in Paris

Anybody know a nice hotel with kitchen and 1 room with 2 double beds? I'm seeing lots of I bedrooms with a sofa bed in the living room. Nobody wants to sleep on a sofa bed.

Posted by
480 posts

Have you tried apartments instead? We have had good luck with VRBO, and many others have posted apartment suggestions. or if you really want a hotel are you sure you need a kitchen? Lots of hotels have breakfast, and you can pick up picnic snacks for lunch and dinner that don't require cooking. And you have to sample french restaurants, the food is wonderful.

Posted by
11507 posts

Look at Vacations in Paris apartment rentals.. I think their listings are very extensive.. and they have a good reputation for fair dealings ( beaware.. this is not true for all apartment rental agencies!)

Posted by
149 posts

Julie - we stayed in a Citadines two years ago with our two kids. We had a one bedroom apartment. The sitting/ family room had a couch that turned into a bed and a trundle bed. My kids both said it was super comfortable and slept well. We had a kitchette and went out to the bakery every morning for breakfast.

We used airline miles to pay for our stay so it was free to us! If I had to pay out of pocket, I would have possibly considered finding an apartment. I was new to European traveling and didn't delve into a true apartment situationa - so many say it can be a great deal and very affordable.

Happy Travels!

Posted by
7209 posts

Hotel Latin Excelsior near the Pantheon has a family room/suite.

Posted by
11507 posts

If going in summer it is much harder to find an apartment with ac. It's not nice to suffer through hear after a long day of touring about without a cool retreat.
Citidimes is a good option

Posted by
6504 posts

Apartments are great for multi-day stays, say 5 days or longer, but maybe not worth the logistics for shorter stays. They give you room to spread out, have some meals "in," do laundry, sleep on different timetables for different generations, and live a little more like a "real" Parisian (or wherever you are). Hotels are simpler, have a front desk for questions or advice, fix problems or relocate you, and may be closer to sights and transit.

I don't know a specific hotel like you describe, but I'm sure there are many.