Please sign in to post.

Evening in Paris

Paris in August
Has anyone been to the Opera, Moulin Rouge or Jazz clubs while in Paris? What are your thoughts on the Moulin Rouge is it touristy and over priced or worth it. Looking for recommendations for finding Jazz clubs as well. Thought on boat tour down the Seine at night ?
It has been over 35 years since I was to Paris. my boyfriend has not been and i am wondering if I should take him at night when it might be less crowded?

Lisa

Posted by
6305 posts

We haven't been, but a couple of folks on our 2018 Best of Europe Tour went, and loved it. And they are frequent travelers, pretty sophisticated. They love a good time.

Posted by
6572 posts

For the Moulin Rouge, you may want to read some reviews on sites like Trip Advisor. They are all over the place from good, to tourist trap, to expensive. Guess you’ll have to decide if you want to attend. It is in a neighborhood with plenty of sex shops and some seedy looking people. Not an area of Paris my wife and I wanted to walk around at night, but it was fine during the day.

Posted by
9420 posts

Been to the Moulin Rouge... it’s just like a Vegas show.

Posted by
54 posts

I most appreciate your recommendations for Jazz club! This is wonderful! Still not sure how I feel about Moulin Rouge. All your comments have been beneficial. Thank you

Posted by
6527 posts

My thought on a boat tour would be yes, do one when your schedule and the weather allow, daytime or night. But don't do a dinner cruise unless you want to divide your attention between the sights and your meal.