Please sign in to post.

EuroStar

VERY unfortunately, I booked London to Paris instead of the other way around on the Eurostar. Anybody have any luck in changing tickets after confirmed??? I don't have long distance, have put a hold on the AMEX but don't know if there is any other way other than the email I sent them.....

Thoughts???

Posted by
5326 posts

Get in touch with them immediately by phone.

Whilst you are on the phone, book your correct itinerary or at least get the agent to drop a note against the incorrect booking and get back in touch after you have made the new booking.

Then the agent should be able to process a refund on the original.

This is discretionary and not part of the T&Cs, so be suitably apologetic ...

Posted by
11507 posts

I did that once , not even my first time booking, just did it late at night and didn't pay attention.
I always get the lowest price ticket( non refundable etc) so I just ate the 40 GBP and repurchased , the hassle of phoning wasn't worth it to me.

Good luck though, it may work and then you will have saved some money, I just got lazy.

Posted by
3688 posts

I agree that you have to call and you should do that ASAP because Amex will ultimately end up reversing the credit because you made the error. There is no fraud here or other allegation that would support issuing you a permanent credit. The longer that you wait, the more unlikely it will be that you will get Eurostar to make the change. The last time that I e-mailed Eurostar with a question, it took almost a week for me to get a response. If you don't have long distance, just get a cheap phone card and make the call. Good luck with Eurostar and Amex.

Posted by
32709 posts

It depends on the conditions attached to the particular ticket and price that you paid. The cheaper tickets have very strict rules about refunds and cancellation. The full priced ones less so.

You need to call. See Marco's response above. Email is unlikely to help.

When is your trip?

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you all for your responses. I have been able to set up Skype with some $ to call them when they open (tonight at midnight for me).... Unfortunately this was for 3 tickets... but the mid price.

Wish me luck.....

Posted by
3 posts

Eurostar was very helpful with my mistake. We are now booked properly and looking forward to quite a trip!

Thank you folks for your support and urging.

Posted by
9550 posts

That's great that they worked with you to correct your mistake at only the cost of your Skype credit. Good for you for your persistence.