Please sign in to post.

Euro Disney

We are planning on staying a extra day in Paris after our RS Best of Paris tour ends.

Our plans include going to Disney. I see there are 2 parks. Didn't know that when I made this decision.

Can we do both in 1 day or is it best if we just choose one and do it? Can we see Cinderella's Castle regardless of
which one we do?

I have only been to Disneyland in California so don't consider myself a fanatic. But would love to see the characters and get photos.

Should we get tickets in advance?

I think it will be a fun ending to our trip.

Posted by
1589 posts

Just for reference the name was changed several years ago to "Disneyland Paris".

Posted by
9099 posts

Euro Disney is the name of the company that runs both parks: Disneyland Paris and the Studios Park. People use the term to describe the entire complex.

To answer the OPs question, if you have kids in tow you'll need two days to do both parks. Just adults can typically see both in a day if you get an early start.
The rides at DL Paris tend to be skewed to younger visitors, while the Studios Park has more of the high-adrenaline ride like the Tower of Terror and the Rockin Roller Coaster.

Posted by
16 posts

Thanks Michael!

No young kids with us. So I think I may try for both parks so I can see the most.
I do believe the Studio will be of more interest to the 18 & 22 yr old.

Posted by
3901 posts

I haven't been, but in lieu of Disneyland maybe you could consider Parc Astérix? It's the second largest theme park near Paris, after Disneyland. The amusement park is based on Astérix, a beloved French comic book series (one of my favorites growing up). The series is set in Gaul (modern-day France) during antiquity and follows a village of Gauls as they resist the Roman occupation.

The park itself incorporates themes and rides from "historic cultures such as the Gauls, the Romans, the ancient Greeks and recently the Egyptians". Maybe it's worth a look, if you are looking for a more "French" amusement park :)

Posted by
362 posts

I’ve been to both in one day with a 15 year old. Disneyland Paris has the castle and is very similar to Disneyland in California. The castle is there, some of the same rides but different, like Space mountain has loops unlike the one in Disney World. My nephew preferred Disney Studios. The parks are close to each other, walking distance. No need to buy tickets in advance but it’s possible. They have fast passes for a price too. My first time to Disneyland Paris we stayed on site and had the early entrance to the park (only one at that time). I found it was much less crowded than Disney World. I’d grab a beach towel as a souvenir.

Posted by
2544 posts

I would definitely get tickets in advance. At a minimum, you´ll save time by not waiting in line and sometimes you can find reduced price tickets at on line outlets such as FNAC. One day tickets will cost notably more for two parks than for just one park.

Cinderella´s Castle is part of Disneyland Paris and is not accessible from the other park (Walt Disney Studios).

Posted by
1369 posts

When approaching the Castle, take the walk way/bridge to the left. You enter under the Castle where the dragon sleeps & wakes up. Enjoy your trip.

Posted by
4845 posts

We've been to DLP several times. If you are going during a quieter time, you can definitely do both parks in one day. During busier times, not so much. Or, at least, you won't get to experience nearly as many attractions. Try to go mid week if possible.

You'll find the ticket prices vary depending on the date you choose for your visit. Buying in advance may give you a discount ( I believe the MINI ticket can only be bought online, but isn't available for all dates). My advice - start in the Studios to avoid the long lines for Ratatouille and ToT, then move over to Disneyland for the rest of the day, finishing with the big evening show. But pay attention to the time of the last RER back to Paris. You may find the DLP forum at the Disboards. com to be helpful with planning your day.

Posted by
16 posts

Has anyone used picniq.com to book tickets.

Seems like the only discount place I can find. It is 200 for entry and fastpass. My friend is paying for the people and that is a bit steep