Please sign in to post.

enough time?

hi
if I arrive at TGV CDG T2 from Avignon at 1 pm , and my flight by air France to Berlin , Germany , T2F AT 3.25 PM , is it okay ? what are chances of TGV being delayed , any idea any idea how long to walk from TGV station in T2F , To Air France counter at T2F

kind regards

Posted by
11188 posts

This may help.

http://easycdg.com/tgv-train-paris-cdg-airport-charlesdegaulle/

Plan your journey
Connecting time

When booking your ticket you should allow a minimum connecting time for your transfer train + airplane.
Anticipate any delay and extra time for security measures, check-in or baggage claim, transfer to-from the TGV train station.

MINIMUM TRANSFER TIME RECOMMENDED TRAIN PLANE
• 80 min before your check-in deadline for long-haul flights.
• 65 min before your check-in deadline for European and French domestic flights.

MINIMUM TRANSFER TIME RECOMMENDED PLANE TRAIN
• 80 min (terminal 2), 90 min (terminals 1 & 3), before train departure.

Posted by
3941 posts

Odds of being delayed are small - but we took the TGV from Paris to Avignon and someone decided to commit suicide by train and we arrived 3+ hrs late. Once we also took the 'slow' train from Nice to Avignon and it was delayed a few hours because of a huge rainstorm.

If it was an expensive/important flight, honestly I wouldn't chance it...I'd want more of a cushion. (But I'm risk averse).

Posted by
3702 posts

The check-in deadline for your flight is 2:40. That gives you 1 hour and 40 minutes to make a connection that has a suggested minimum transfer time of 1 hour and 5 minutes in an airport you do not appear to be familiar with. I am risk averse and would not risk it, but my husband would and if it did not work, he would not blink at having to buy a last-minute ticket on the next flight whereas I would beat myself up about that. I have taken TGVs many times and we have been late pretty often — not major delays more like 5 to 30 minutes, which would usually not matter but might in your case. You might make it but I hate that feeling of worry when things start to slow down and I start to wonder if I’ll make the next thing on my schedule. It really does depend on your tolerance for risk.

Posted by
3167 posts

The walk from the TGV to the Air France counter in 2F should be under 15 minutes.