Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower Tour

is it worth getting tix to the Eiffel Tower? The tour pkg doesn't incl this but suggests we book it on our own. I, personally, havent given it much thought but am now wondering if it's a "must do" during this short visit.

Posted by
5320 posts

"Worth" is subjective. Personally, I enjoyed the views OF the ET more than the views FROM it. I preferred the views of the city from Sacre Coeur and the top of th Arc de Triomphe. Others will have other preferences.

Posted by
16358 posts

Voting with CJean: we traded ascending the thing for an evening look at it from the Trocadero and another from Champ de Mars: both free, and we didn't feel we'd missed a thing.

Our favorite lofty spot was the Towers of Notre Dame but alas, not an option right now.

Posted by
745 posts

i've been up to the top of ET twice. I think my favorite view has been down below from the Trocadero when the lights begin to twinkle in the evening. I also love the far distant view of the city and from Sacre Couer and had planned this past spring to go to the Montparnasse Tower for the view of the ET. But we ran out of time. Oh and I enjoyed the view of the top of the ET from Rodin Gardens. Lots of choices.

I do have to say that your comments that you never thought about or had it on any must do list, makes me think perhaps you would be perfectly fine looking at it, rather than lining up with the masses to be climbing up it.

Posted by
1020 posts

Walking UNDER the massive structure was really cool after viewing from the Trocadero. The view from Sacre Coeur is great - and free. I didn't feel deprived by skipping the ride up inside.

Posted by
742 posts

I'm glad we went to the top at sunset. On the way down we stopped on the 2nd floor for a drink and to watch the lights twinkle from the inside. We walked down from the 2nd floor to the ground (674 stairs). You can get tickets to just go to the 2nd floor.

Posted by
1849 posts

I agree with most of the other posters - it is more enjoyable to look AT the Eiffel Tower than to be part of the Disneyland level masses looking OUT from the ET. You can use the money you save by skipping ET tickets to enjoy a nice dinner. You could also enjoy a late evening picnic sitting on the Champs watching the ET lights sparkle.

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you for these great perspectives. I think I’ll skip the trip up ET and enjoy the view from another place.- Susan