Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower tickets

All the online tickets for my dates in June are sold out. Does anyone know if it's possible to stand in line at the Tower and buy tickets for that day?

Posted by
2135 posts

Yes, you can stand in line and buy tickets for that day. Second option is to take the steps to the second level. Third option is to do a "behind the scenes" tour - I've used Get Your Guide tours twice and was pleased with them.

Posted by
17 posts

I have the same issue. All 4 days that we will be in Paris are sold out. Do we need a ticket to take the stairs to the second floor? where can we buy if we need? and how long would be the waiting time to get a ticket going to the top once at the second floor? Thanks.

Posted by
2135 posts

I've never walked up the steps but I think you need to purchase a ticket on site. It's a shorter line than one for the tickets to the elevator.

The line to buy tickets from the second to third (summit) level is short. I did it twice in recent years (when I did the Get Your Guide tour) and waited only a few minutes.

The ET is wonderful and a "must do" for me. However, if you decide not to up the Tower, be sure to walk over there at sunset for the illumination. It's beautiful to see it twinkling!

Posted by
8069 posts

Of course you need to buy a ticket to access the stairs; the line tends to be shorter for that and if you are fit, it is the way to go. Once you get to the second level you can buy tickets for the separate elevator from level 2 to the top.

Posted by
42 posts

would kids be able to handle the walk up to the 2nd floor? and can you buy tickets on the 2nd floor to the summit?

Posted by
2091 posts

I don't know your kids but it's 708 steps! Yes on the second level you can wait in line to buy the tickets for the elevator to the top.