Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower tickets

We visited the Eiffel Tower in the Fall/Winter of 2016 when the crowds were less and waited to purchase our ticket there to walk the stairs to level 2, before riding the lift to the top. This time we will be there early July. We were thinking of doing the same thing again (stairs to level 2), but are wondering, since it is summer, if we should just purchase ticket to the top ahead ahead of time. Would that help us avoid some of the crowds and lines?? Are there usually long lines for the stairs in the summer too? Just want to make the choice that will give us quickest access (understanding that nothing is QUICK in the summer with crowds)

Thanks!

Posted by
768 posts

I was there a couple of years ago in August, and the stairs line was short. Maybe a wait of a couple of minutes.

As for the top level, I recall reading on this forum (you could search for it) that if you want to go to the top via the stairs, you now have to buy the "top ticket" as you buy the ticket for the stairs.

Posted by
2124 posts

Hi half, check the official website and purchase tickets to the Summit (90 days in advance at 8:30 a.m. Paris time). You no longer have the option to go to the second level then purchase tickets to the top.

Posted by
362 posts

I understand that you have to buy tickets to the top if you want to go all the way to the top. Maybe I should rephrase. We have walked up and then taking a lift to the top in the past, but those tickets are only available to purchase at the tower. If we want to purchase ahead of time we have to do the lift all the way up. In the summertime, should we chance there being a long line for the walk up ( which we would prefer)? Or just go ahead and purchase ahead of time for the lift all the way

Posted by
768 posts

Personally, I'd do the walk up, because it gives you flexibility.
What if you buy tix in advance and it's raining during your time? What if you get delayed getting there for your time?
If you walk up, you can check the line, and if you think it's too long, you can go get something to eat, go over to Napolean's Tomb, or something else and try the line again. Actually I've never seen the walk up line very long. Plus, it's great exercise!

Posted by
362 posts

Good to know! We loved walking up last time. I think we’ll wait and see how it goes 😊