Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower tickets

What is the best company for booking Eiffel Tower tickets, including summit, in advance?

Posted by
8069 posts

book at the official site exactly 7 days out at 1 pm Paris time for your best shot at tickets.

The first group is released 60 days out, the larger set is released 7 days out.

Posted by
15 posts

At the official Eiffel Tower site, bookings open 60 days in advance at 0830 Paris time. I looked at bookings for May 13 just now and many time slots are already unavailable!

Posted by
696 posts

oh goodness, 8:30? I was really hoping for midnight to get tickets, yay another night with no sleep!

Posted by
10208 posts

It's midnight French time, 6 PM for you. At 12:04 French time we had confirmed tickets, gift for a visiting granddaughter, directly from the Eiffel Tower website. It was midnight for us here in France, I had practiced previous days, with the computer all loaded, I kept refreshing the screen, the moment the day's tickets appeared, our team went to work. My husband read the credit card numbers, I typed the names, ages, etc. Four minutes later we had them. Whew.

Note that the sunset times had already been taken by the tour agencies before tickets went on sale to the public. Those, if unsold, are turned back in closer to the date and can be bought by the public.

The Tower is managed by a private company, not the government, unlike other monuments.

Good luck.

Posted by
696 posts

Thanks Bets for confirming what I had read everywhere else! So much speed!

I learned yesterday that what some folks on here said that train tickets were released in the "wee hours of the morning", and it wasn't as "wee" as I thought as it was somewhere between 5am-5:49am (which is the last time I checked and they weren't up vs when I somehow woke up and checked again haha).

Posted by
10208 posts

Yes about SNCF. I'm usually asleep so have no idea. One son bought at 5 EST, 10 here. He missed the release.
Prices looked normal to me, not high, not low either. I don't think SNCF tickets are worth scrambling for, but the Eiffel Tower tickets require a plan.

Posted by
696 posts

Mine were in the middle of what I expected, obviously higher than the winter/February/March ones I had been pricing out, but way higher than the "low" in the "min and max prices for this journey" of 25-149 euro

But speaking of those tour companies, do they really get access to tickets before the public? I read somewhere that sometimes they have to cancel because they can't get the tickets that they wanted, so I thought they just had someone on the group buying site (if there was one) at midnight like the rest of us. I mean, they would have it down to a science and almost 99% of the time get them, but I didn't realize they had access before the public. I at least thought that the public bookings and group bookings would be from different "buckets"/"allocations".

Posted by
15 posts

Bets,thanks for the correction on time to buy the tickets! I'm not sure where I read the 0830 time, and I am thrilled to not have to be up late late!! I'll be sure to have everything loaded and ready to pounce.

Posted by
8069 posts

And for anyone who missed the 60 day release time slots -- remember the biggest slice is made available 7 days our at 1 pm French time -- so yeah the middle of the night in the US.

Posted by
825 posts

France hasn't gone into DST yet, it's a 5 hr difference from EDT. DST starts 31 March.

Posted by
41 posts

Can someone confirm if it's 1pm France time or midnight France time? Looks like a conflict above.

Posted by
696 posts

Amy, its both :)

the 60 days in advance is midnight and then the week in advance is 1pm Paris time :)

Posted by
3 posts

I can confirm the 1pm (8am EST) release time for tickets 7 days in advance. There were abundant time slots for 3/23 summit tickets this past Saturday morning and yesterday it was the same for 3/24 summit tix. They aren't snatched up quickly either (meaning you have at least a couple hours to buy...of course certain time slots disappear quicker than others).
Edit: A friend tried today (3/19) at 8am EST and didn't have any luck, could only find stairs+lift. Spring break/Easter week is surely cutting into availability.

Posted by
4 posts

is it possible just to show up at night...after 8pm or so and be able to get tickets for the stairs? we will be there on April 3rd

Posted by
341 posts

Sorry for being pedantic, but when they say 60 days, they mean actually counting back 60 days and not 2 "months", correct?

Assuming so, I guess the trick is to count back 8 weeks and then four days, using the midnight Paris time of that specific date?

Posted by
41 posts

Were you able to secure tickets? I just signed on this morning at about 6:55 and one 10:30 timeslot was open for the elevator. I thought missed it altogether. Nothing changed at 7 a.m. Then around 7:07 or so, there were more slots available but the first was 21:30, which is too late for our 8 year old. So we went with the stairs at 20:00 and may just opt for the first floor.

Posted by
341 posts

I sent an email to Customer Service (SOCIETE D'EXPLOITATION DE LA TOUR EIFFEL SETE 1, QUAI DE GRENELLE 75015 PARIS) using the email from www.toureiffel.paris and they provided the following:

You would like to visit the Eiffel Tower and we are very pleased!

Tickets for an elevator ride go on sale on our online ticketing
service https://ticket.toureiffel.paris at least 60 days before the
date of your visit at midnight, Paris time.

Tickets for a staircase tour go on sale online 14 days before the day of your visit and remain
on sale until the time of the visit!

You will be asked to choose :

your destination: 2nd floor or Summit

your mode of ascent: elevator or
stairs

the type of rate adapted to each visitor the date and time of your visit

KEY POINTS:

--AT LEAST 60 DAYS (but maybe more)

--MIDNIGHT PARIS TIME