Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower tickets

Hello! My husband and I will be in Paris in a couple of weeks for our honeymoon. I've already purchased our Eiffel Tower tickets, but I was wondering how far in advance should we get to the Eiffel Tower?

Should we get there like a half hour before the time on our tickets? Or does it not matter, as long as we are there by the time on the ticket?

Thanks,
Jackie

Posted by
1175 posts

Never underestimate the slow moving long line at security. If you are just barely late, you won't go up. It's strongly advisable to get there in plenty of time, an hour is fine, and you can always people watch to pass the time. Why risk showing up late after all the time and effort you've made to do a once in a lifetime adventure?

Posted by
8063 posts

You approach the correct leg of the tower 15 minutes before your reservation. The issue will be the perimeter security. I don't know if they have a separate security line for those who have reserved tickets as security has changed since we went up two years ago; it would be helpful if someone with recent experience could speak to that.

It is ridiculous that this information is not in the FAQ for the Eiffel Tower official website.

Posted by
423 posts

I was at the Tower last May and went thru security pretty quickly- yes there are lines but they move fast - I think its one line for everyone we did not have tickets purchased them once we got thru security- beware of the many many street vendors who try to sell you souveneirs on the way in they are quite persistant!
Happy Travels💫✨

Posted by
1172 posts

We were there 45 minutes prior to our timed ticket this past summer and I would highly recommend doing that. The security along the perimeter was really busy and it took a long time to get through. The time on your ticket is actually for the elevator to go up/stairs to go up which means that you have to have passed the first level, perimeter security already

Posted by
33 posts

We were there two years ago and purchased tickets to the Summit maybe a month in advance? The tickets were time-stamped. We got there about an hour early, which was way too early, but gave us time to roam around. We approached one of the pillar entrances a couple times - even about 15 minutes early, but they turned us away and told us to come closer to our assigned time. We finally showed up a couple minutes prior to our stamped time, and the line was a breeze.

Posted by
8063 posts

Two years ago there was no perimeter security. We just walked right up to the pillar used for reserved tickets and went right up. Now there is perimeter security and it appears they don't privilege those with tickets, so getting there a bit early is more important.