Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower Tickets

Hi All,

My husband and I plan to visit Eiffel Tower on Monday evening, 06/05/2023 at 7:00 pm.

Last night, we tried to book tickets online that Rich Steve's team sent the link to us, "Eiffel Tower ticket tips for tour members," but the link did not allow us to reverse tickets ahead of time.

We don't know what to do. This will be our first trip visiting Paris and we don't want to miss the landmark place.

If you've had the similar experiences like us before, please give us some tips what we need to do.

Thank you, all.

Sandy Chen

Posted by
4845 posts

You waited too long. Tickets sell out FAST, often in the first days of being available. You can try buying from a 3rd party reseller, but buyer beware; they are often at a huge markup. Or you can just stand in line and buy them "at the door". But be prepared for a very long line.

Personally, I think its over hyped. I much preferred looking at the view of Paris WITH the ET, than just the view FROM the ET. Even better is sailing the Seine on a cruise boat after sunset to watch the ET twinkle.

Posted by
2127 posts

Hi Sandy, the official site for the Eiffel Tower is:
https://ticket.toureiffel.paris/en

If tickets are not available for your dates, there are many ways you can still find tickets. Here’s a recent thread on the topic:
https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/france/reputable-source-for-eiffel-tower-tickets-if-i-missed-out-on-the-official-site

For more threads, type Eiffel Tower in the Search bar on the RS site.

The ET is wonderful and it’s worth the effort. Be sure to watch it twinkle on the hour (for 10 minutes) after dark. Most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. Hope you have a great trip!

Posted by
27104 posts

No one looks forward to standing in a very long ticket line, especially not when they're in Paris. However, one advantage of getting your tickets that way is that you can choose to go on a day when the weather is good. If you are successful in buying your tickets months in advance, you are taking a chance of getting stuck with really ugly weather.

Posted by
908 posts

Go to the Viator website and purchase one of their tours. Also, your time of day may have to change.

Posted by
818 posts

Viator, et al, are the reason that the average Joe can't buy ET tickets online a week before... smh

Posted by
908 posts

The desired visit date is not available, what should I do?
Certain days (weekends, days during peak season between July and August) are in high demand and we sell out quickly, especially for e-tickets for the top floor, which are the most popular. If you are flexible, select another date that is shown as available. The dates marked in orange indicate that the last tickets are available. Lined out or grayed out dates are no longer available. If there is no more online availability, note that tickets to visit the Eiffel Tower are also sold on site at the ticket offices at the monument.
Regardless, we sell our tickets online up to 60 days in advance (for lift tickets) and 14 days in advance (for stairs tickets to second floor). If you can, plan your visit well in advance, so you will have the choice of date, destination and time.

From the Eiffel Tower website. Like a lot of venues in Europe, especially in the summer, you need to book well in advance. The OP wants to book for 06/05/2023 at 7:00 PM, the closest dates I could find on the website was 05/10 or 06/19. She will need to either walk up to the ticket window on that day or use a 3rd party.

Posted by
198 posts

Remind me, what time (EST) do online ticket sales open each day?

Posted by
8049 posts

on line sales open a couple months out -- and then at 1 pm Paris time 7 days out. That is your best bet for getting tickets. The ticket office is open on line I think at 9 am Paris time but tickets during peak season will likely sell out the afternoon they become available.

Posted by
10188 posts

Tickets for our date went on sale at midnight, or maybe it was 12:01 am Paris time. I took someone two weeks ago and got the tickets the moment they were available to the public. Guides already had access, so some times were already gone.