Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower Summit tickets

We have reservations for the restaurant on the first floor of the Eiffel Tower in May. Our reservations are for 6:30 PM.

We would like to take the lift to the summit after dinner but I am having problems getting the tickets. Apparently they can't be purchased from their online site. I see that tour companies are selling tours to the summit but they have mixed reviews.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can do this?

Thanks folks,

Posted by
274 posts

Are you sure you're using the correct website? I just tried to book two adult tickets for lift access to the summit for tomorrow evening and see a 21:30 reservation (9:30pm) available.

https://www.toureiffel.paris/en/rates-opening-times

Buy a ticket
Tickets for individuals
Ticket with access to the summit
By lifts

Depending on your date, the tickets might be sold out. You can keep trying to refresh and see if anything pops up, or you might try your luck the day of by just walking up. I know people here have been reporting much lower wait times than there were in pre-covid years. Good luck!

Posted by
2133 posts

Hi, what problems are you having? Time slot already booked, credit card not working, or is the website? As mentioned, be sure youโ€™re using the official site. I just made reservations (for my birthday!), no issues. If you want/need a tour, we used Get Your Guide twice and would recommend them. Lots of good info.

Posted by
17 posts

They will let me buy tickets for the 2nd floor but not the summit by the lift. The site says they have to be purchased at the ticket office.

Posted by
17 posts

I don't know what the deal was but now they accepted my order.

Thanks all.

Posted by
2133 posts

Glad it worked and you were able to purchase tickets! The new restaurant looks great, please report back. Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
97 posts

Hello,
Today my son mentioned that visiting the summit is on his wish list for our trip end of August. I assumed since we visited the esplanade last trip in 2019 and took pictures it wasn't a must do this trip. We were uninformed and didn't book tickets and didn't have patience for the 1+ hour wait in the ticket line for the stairs to the second floor.

So fast forward to today and of course there are no online tickets available. The site informs that "Purchase is always possible at the Tower on the day of your visit". Are those tickets gone first thing in the morning?

I know, never assume.

Any advice appreciated.
Thank you!

Posted by
8068 posts

the ticket for walking tickets to the stairs to the second floor is likely to be quite short more like 15 minutes than an hour. If you buy a ticket to walk to the second floor you can then add on a summit elevator ticket. You of course have to walk to the second floor.

Posted by
97 posts

Thank you Jane.
I see the ticket that we need, "Ticket with access stairs 2nd floor +lift top floor" which is only available for purchase on site.
Our group should be able to handle the stairs to the 2nd floor.
I see that later in the evening may be better and Tuesday is better than the weekend.
Wish us luck!