Please sign in to post.

Eiffel Tower restaurant

Our family of four with two teenagers are off to Paris in a couple weeks. The boys really wanted to visit the Eiffel Tower. Unluckily the tickets for when we'll be there are sold out. We could sign up for a reserved lunch at 58 Tour Eiffel on level 1. (That's still available.) It says you get a ticket to your restaurant level. As such I was wondering if you then have the option to tour the complete level 1 or are just limited to the restaurant? We're willing to spend the extra if it allows us to wander the complete level after our meal. We're visiting the week before Easter, so standing in long lines is not something I wish to do any more than necessary.

Posted by
7 posts

Thanks Renee for the idea. Went to their website and it costs 18 euros more for each person for these tours than the lunch. We didn't want to go higher than the 2nd level, so I realize with the Fat Tire tour we'd receive commentary, plus have the option to ascend to level 3. Unluckily we're getting a bit high for our budget. I appreciate your suggestion.

Posted by
20178 posts

Well, once you're at the 2nd level, you just buy a ticket to the top at the ticket booth and wait in line for the elevator.

Posted by
120 posts

Walking up to level 1 and 2 is a really good and cheap option. I have not done it before, but plan to this trip. My understanding is that you do not need tickets in advance, lines are short, and it is cheap. Since I have not been before, maybe someone on here can give you more accurate details. Or check the Eiffel Tour website. They tell about it.

It also sounds like something the teens might enjoy.

Posted by
8074 posts

The way it worked a few years ago is that you reserve for the restaurant; that permits you to buy a ticket to the restaurant level for a reduced rate at a kiosk near the elevator reserved for the restaurant. Once you are in the restaurant you can then after lunch buy a ticket for the elevator to the top on the first level. I can't remember if you can just walk up to the second level, but suspect you can.

Posted by
38 posts

I have prepaid reservations for 58 Tour Eiffel for June. My confirmation states that the lift tickets to the 1st floor is included in the price I paid. As I understand it, to get to the top, we'll need to climb the stairs to the 2nd floor, then buy lift tickets to the top. But that's not something that is stated on the confirmation, it's just what I've read on this forum.